Weight gain

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:42 am 
Post subject: Weight gain
I havnt seen the HV since Sam was 2, but I do weigh her at home occasionally and plot it in her red book.

I have weighed her this morning and athough she has gained since last time, she has dropped back down over the line, but looking back she is on the same lane as the previous 2 entries.

Should I be worried or just take the last reading as wrong, maybe I marked on the wrong place. She eats really well, and should be the size of a house!

Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:31 pm 
Post subject:
I dont think that they worry too much unless your child drops a whole line completely. My daughter has dropped beneath the 9th centile once or twice but the HV wasnt concerned unless she dropped further. (this was when she was under 6 months old)

I'm not very experience with older children but I personally wouldn't be concerned unless Sam seemed ill or continued to drop down the centiles. x
Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:19 pm 
Post subject:
I don't even weigh callum anymore. I don't think you have to worry. As long as she is eating enough and looks a healthy weight I wouldn't stress. My niece is the same, she eats like a horse but runs around so much (the girl never sits still for more that 5 mins at a time) that she is thin.

[/url]
katie198920
Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:36 pm 
Post subject:
I wouldn't worry to much, my youngest was born on the 75th line and she is now under the 9th line she just wasn't interested in milk, now she eat she eats more than her 3 year old sister she just tiny

Jump to:  

Community

Popular