Feel like crying!!!!

Cleggy09
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:51 pm 
Post subject: Feel like crying!!!!
Hey guys and girls, well I'm almost 20 weeks pregnant and not exactly well tempers at the best of times, my 3 year old daughter has got such an ignorant attitude, she never and I mean never listens to me! I find my self shouting at the top of my lungs to actually get her attention, my mum nit picks at me so much about her lack of education, when she has been in nursery longer than I ever was and also has had one on one help for over a year now, she still can't write her name or a simple letter, but she can count to 20! And spell her name by talking, she also has more manners than most kids older than her, she can read her cereal boxes ect so she's capable of it but she won't concentrate with me and I really am stuck I just wish she'd try to actually listen to me the amount of praise she'd get would be unbelievable! If she'd just try, but instead she's naughty and tells me she wants me to go away 😢 honestly breaks my heart when she says things like that!
Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:51 pm 
Post subject:
Oh Hun sounds like your having a tough time. You know they are still under the HV until the age of 5, it might be worth booking an appointment to see yours and discuss how to cope with her behaviour. Your not the only one, I know lots of people going through similar with 3 year olds. The HV might be able to give you some different techniques to try out to get her to do what you ask without you feeling like your shouting. Have you tried reward charts? Each child learns at different paces, don't worry xx

Cleggy09
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:59 pm 
Post subject:
We've tried reward charts with stickers but she seems to throw a paddy when we ask her to gently put the sticker in the day :/ just seems like everything's a battle and takes 10x longer Sad just feel like screaming sometimes, Ive read up about 3 year olds and alot of mums and dads seem to struggle with ignorance and just plain meanness! Some kids really don't make you feel loved, I think that's the problem and that's what effects the will to go on lol xxx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:07 pm 
Post subject:
Im having similar problems with my daughter she is rude and cheely to me, but absolutely golden at nursery and for my mom, and when we are out. I have learnt though, sometimes you need to pick your battles. For example I let my daughter pick her own clothes because if I dress her she only gets changed again!

She is very young to be reading and writing. At 3 my daughter could recognize her name, but could only write the first letter, the rest was circles. Even now she can only copy write and then only if she wants to. The other day she was writing birthday cards and she wrote the boys names well, but messed up her own!

Iv found using a combination of reward charts and time outs has helped. She isnt doing too well with the reward chart, but time outs are getting fewer and shorter! She was having 3 minutes, but if she plyed up (kicking doors, shouting at me, coming back into the room) she would get an extra 3 minutes added. Now she goes into time out and she know when the alram goes off she can come back, then I ask her why she went into time out, and she says sorry.

Cleggy09
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:38 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you both ladies, it's such a relief to know that Im not the only mother who loses her rag lol I thought so! My mother currently lives with me but I'm
Moving out in 2 weeks so I'm hoping a new home fresh start and routine world for us Smile xxxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular