Baby's first Christmas

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:12 pm 
Post subject: Baby's first Christmas
We've started looking around for presents for LO for Christmas. We don't want to spoil her, thinking about 50. We want one main present about 30 then going to get some nice pj's I think and maybe some toys for the bath or little things like that. Just wondered if anyone can advise anything for the main present. She'll be 6 1/2 months, so want something quite stimulating/learning. We've just had a quick look in ToysRUs and seen a few walkers with buttons and music and lights. Has anyone had one of these and are they good? Or does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks xx

Bobski1980
Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:29 pm 
Post subject:
I was going to say a walker, one of the best pressies he had, great for the age of your Baby too. We have the Vtec lights and sounds one and my boy still plays with it, he's 17 months. Also the activity tables are good, we got a leap frog one and you can detach the legs so they can play with it on the floor until they can stand. X

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:13 pm 
Post subject:
We're getting Alice a push along walker that's a pram (I think it's Fisher price? ) and a fee other light up musical toys.. We already have a sit in walker and she loves that Smile xx
Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:02 pm 
Post subject:
A jumperoo (or something similar - or a door bouncer), I got a second hand one for 50 but you may be able to get them cheaper. My daughter LOVED it, though its quite short lived I then sold mine for 40 quid so only lost 10 for about 4 months usage.

A walker (sit in one - again she loved it and I have only just given it up!) Its not considered great for helping them walk though.

You could get her a push along walker - many of them have an activity bit that comes off from the front so they can play with that until they begin to use the walker.

I'm similar in that I dont spend huge amounts, babies grow out of things so quickly!
Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:44 pm 
Post subject:
I loved Lola's walkers but I wouldn't get the fisher price pram one because it tips over constant, Lola chipped her front tooth badly going straight over it, its far too light on comparison to the sound and play ones, ours was popped in the garage in favour of one of the sound ones!
I have the little tikes play garden and that's fab! Smaller than you think
The best thing though are the activity tables, absolutely fab! We got two off eBay and they helped her to pull herself up, stand, walk and she still plays with them now! Xx
Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:41 am 
Post subject:
One thing we learnt last year is little ones don't really understand whats in the box and they have no interest in waiting while you assemble it!
My little ones got a smart trike but he had no idea what it was until hours later when Hubby put it together, this year we will have most things set up and ready to play with for instant excitement.
Bobski1980
Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:27 pm 
Post subject:
Janey that's a really good idea, I hadn't thought of that but your do right. My boy also gets really bored waiting and hasn't really grasped the concept of un wrapping presents yet. I think il do the same this year x

hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:07 pm 
Post subject:
haha this also stops you figuring out last minute that you've forgotten the batteries as we figured out last year!
I was thinking of doing this, this year but i like her to unwrap them too :/ haha i may wrap up her books and assemble everything else Smile
xx
Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:39 am 
Post subject:
What I used to do with big things that needed assembling was put them together but then still loosely wrap them with one of those big rolls of cheap paper you can get, so they still had the fun bit of ripping the paper off but they also got to play with them instantly, best of both worlds Very Happy Bit wasteful with the paper but Christmas is only once a year x
123babycakes
Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:05 pm 
Post subject:
DL05 wrote:
What I used to do with big things that needed assembling was put them together but then still loosely wrap them with one of those big rolls of cheap paper you can get, so they still had the fun bit of ripping the paper off but they also got to play with them instantly, best of both worlds Very Happy Bit wasteful with the paper but Christmas is only once a year x

I have to agree, I wrapped a bike once with a roll of paper. You can get them cheap, and good enough quality not to rip, from the supermarkets.

15.08.09 Gone but never forgotten
An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth, then whispered as she closed the book "Too beautiful for Earth"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular