Need some women's opinions on my problem!

KatherineWills
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:18 pm 
Post subject: Need some women's opinions on my problem!
Hi ladies!
I'm new to the site and in serious need of some help!
I had my implant removed 10 weeks ago and since then have had a weird period, (bled for just under a week a week after having the implant removed) and then a normal period on the 10th September. Since then I have had unprotected sex with my boyfriend just after my period finished and a week after that, about 5 nights in a row. That was a week and a half ago and since then I have had lower abdominal pain and back ache, like my period is about to start but wasn't due then! And I've had a thick white discharge for just under a week now, it doesn't smell and it's not itchy and I've never had anything like it before. My areolas also look a bit bigger but I'm not sure as I don't really take notice of them! I guess my question is could I get pregnant that fast after having the implant removed, I've only had one normal period since having it removed so could I even get pregnant, and can I test this early on? (As my period was due yesterday but never came!) but I have had that weird like period pain feeling, just without the period! Thank you to anyone who can help me!

Much love,
Katherine xo
xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:41 am 
Post subject:
Hi and welcome. Everyone is different on how long it takes their body to return to normal after the implant, but yes it is possible to get pregnant that quick. The symptoms you're having do sound like what I had when I was pregnant. If you were due your period yesterday then it's not too early to test. Hope you get the result you're after xx

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:34 am 
Post subject:
If your normal period was the 10th of September then it's not likely you're due on again yet ? As it was your first proper one after the implant it's hard to say what your 'normal' cycle will be but 19/20 days would be a very short cycle (based on the last one being the 10th and you saying your next one was due on the 30th)
The white thick discharge is perfectly normal for after ovulation, you probably won't have had it with the implant as that surpresses ovulation for a lot of women, it starting a week ago suggests you ovulated just a day or two before that so if you had sex a few days before then or around that time you could be pregnant, but a test wouldn't show that yet anyway.
Cramping like period cramps can also be normal after ov as your womb lining thickens whether you are pregnant or not and breast changes are common, some women find they swell, itch, have sore nipples etc. any of these can happen pregnant or not.
If you did ov about a week ago then the best time to test is to try and wait until two weeks after which is roughly when your period would actually be due, some women do get a positive test as early as 10 days after conception but the longer you wait the more confident you can be in the result.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> The Newbies Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular