any advice

kuatro
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:20 pm 
Post subject: any advice
I have retroverted uterus. Were trying to conceive for 2 years now. What should i do?
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:40 pm 
Post subject:
Have no advice sorry, what has your doctor/gynae/consultant said. They should be offering you some advice.
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:05 pm 
Post subject:
Generally a retroverted uterus on it's own makes no difference to trying to conceive and doesn't cause fertility issues Question
I only found out I had one when I was pregnant with my first child.
If it's completely folded back on itself (retroflexed I think that's called? )then it can cause issues, or rather the reason why it's like that can cause issues as it can be a sign you have abdominal adhesions which can also affect your tubes and even ovaries, but if it's just tilted backwards then it shouldn't make a difference and it's really very common.
About 25% of women have a retroverted uterus and many of them never know until they have a scan while pregnant, it's just considered a variation of the normal position as is an upright uterus.
If you have been trying to conceive for 2yrs then it's worth having tests to see if there is another physical reason why it's not happening. That should include a semen analysis for your partner and some basic blood tests for you to check you do ovulate etc.
But it might also be worth asking if you could have some other checks done to see if there is a reason for your retroverted uterus other than it just being a normal variation ? xx
kuatro
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:26 pm 
Post subject: any advice
Tnx guys...
I already consulted my OBGYN, the results were fine theres no prob with my ovulation. My husband had a semen analysis and there is no problem with him also. Im jst 27yrs old but still im wondering y its not yet happening. Is there a right sex position for my case?
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:47 pm 
Post subject:
Any position that gives gravity a helping hand(traditionally man on top positions and doggy style are supposed to be best).
Keeping things exciting to have regular sex is more important though.

Jump to:  

Community

Popular