Recovery bag

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:12 am 
Post subject: Recovery bag
So OH is having 7 teeth taken out end of next month. He is being put to sleep to have this done but I'm assuming when he wakes he will be in a considerable amount of pain.

I want to put together a recovery box/bag for him. He will be having a week off for his operation.

Any ideas on what goodies to put in his bag? Also does anyone have any good recipes for food he could eat.. the only problem is, he hates soup Rolling Eyes xx

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:27 am 
Post subject:
Id say just make sure you stock up on pain killers and lots of soft food. When my son had 4 teeth out he lived on soft foods for a good 3-5 days. So things like - Mash potato, Ice cream,ice lollies, jelly, yoghurts, super noodles, shepherds pie/cumberland pie I also got him some drinks that were a bit higher calorie as he couldnt eat much and made sure I had straws.

Cant think of much to go in recovery box other than things like favourite dvds/books. From my experience you feel pretty fed up after mouth/dental work so anything he likes to cheer him up really.
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:53 am 
Post subject:
Aww that's so sweet. Erm dvds, magazines. How about some new comfy pjs or something. Is there any chocolate he likes that is soft. I always remember having scrambled egg after tooth operations. Agree with painkillers.

xx

DueInSpring
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:05 pm 
Post subject:
When I had 4 wisdom teeth out I felt pretty sorry for myself so things like dvds, games, a book or magazines he likes? I got given some puzzle magazines and a new personalised pen to keep me amused. I also ate a-lot of eggs (soft boiled, scrambled, poached or omelettes) Shepherds pies, fruit like berries are quite soft and full fat yogurts too

Edited to add:- I also preferred hot drinks so I was drinking alot of hot ribena/hot orange to quench my thirst. I found cold drinks made my jaw ache more although the occasional ice pole was nice as I could hold it onto the sore bits in my mouth to ease the swelling x

Jump to:  

Community

Popular