What are people's views on Serrapeptase?

Jellytot77
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:27 am 
Post subject: What are people's views on Serrapeptase?
Hello, I'm due to go through with Sterilisation Reversal. My biggest fear is blocked tubes and I've heard that Serrapeptase could help with scar tissue? If it means taking this to prevent my tubes being blocked then I'm willing to give it a go. My husband is not so convinced and is worried it could harm me. Has anyone out there taken or taking this at all? Any views? Thank you
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:42 am 
Post subject:
Jellytot I've been taking Serrapeptase on and off for most of the last 10 months and I've not had a single bad effect from it Question Sadly I only heard about it after finding out my only tube was blocked with scarring after my reversal.
If I had known about it when I had my reversal in 2010 I would have taken it then, but ironically my surgeon really played down the chances of scarring at the time to the point where my OH can't even remember him mentioning it Rolling Eyes so I never even thought of it.
In the research I did I couldn't find anyone saying they had any bad effects from it, in fact I've notice that the pain I used to have from fibromyalgia seems to go away when I'm taking it and as I also have a genetic condition that causes high cholesterol I would take it for that even if I didn't have a blocked tube Smile as it's been shown to help with blocked ateries in patients with heart problems.
I also found something called Nattokinase which is another enzyme developed from the soya bean which is supposed to be good for reducing scarring and inflammation and I have been taking both together off and on.
It was a year ago this month since I was told I had scarring directly at the reversal site that was completely blocking my tube, I even saw the pictures and to be honest it completely devastated me at the time, I've not had checks since but haven't got pregnant in the last year so I don't know if the serrapeptase has done anything to help, but my scar tissue would have been around 2yrs old when I started it, but if I had known the risk up front and had heard of Serrapeptase then I would definitely have taken it, Good Luck with the op xx
lisab36
Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:50 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Jellytot, good thinking i must say i never though to take it as a precaution rather if i found out they were blocked later, you have gave me something to think on.
The very best of luck for your op and future ttc journey.
Nat, i have fibromyalgia i am much more well now than before but i dont really know anyone with it so was surprised to see you had it too x
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:30 am 
Post subject:
Yeah I first got symptoms after my son was born Lisa, but my doc put it down to being tense because it started in my neck and shoulders and she thought I was just tired from having a baby, it was only in 2007 my GP over here diagnosed it, but then basically said there's nothing the NHS will do in this area Rolling Eyes My mum also has it but was diagnosed years ago in another area and they did offer her some treatments which helped a bit Question
Anyway I just learned to live with the constant aches and pains and stiffness and being tired all the time and flare ups and I tried not to let it stop me doing things, but to be honest sometimes it has, especially the tiredness, which gets so much worse when I'm feeling a bit down, I'm not really one for being reliant on painkillers but I did take ibuprofen if it was bad but it didn't help much so I just thought it was something I had to live with Question but within days of taking the serrapeptase I suddenly realised my neck and shoulders weren't constantly aching Shocked Very Happy which was a surprise as I wasn't even taking it for that Laughing my right shoulder particularly was often really sore and I couldn't get comfortable with it but while I'm taking the serrapeptase it gets it down to just a mild ache which I can ignore Very Happy and a lot of the other aches and pains are barely there too, before if I used a mouse even for an hour or so and just gently rested my wrists on a desk they would ache and throb and feel bruised after, but now they only get like that if I've been on the computer all day so I think it's great stuff Very Happy Laughing
Doesn't help with the sleep side of things mind you and for me winters always worst for that but at least not having the pain is a bonus Very Happy
If you have a lot of pain I'd give it a go Smile
lisab36
Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:22 am 
Post subject:
I am seriously considering it thanks Nat x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular