HCG after birth *Updated*

ELP1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:01 pm 
Post subject:
You will have very mixed emotions over the next few weeks. I still havent quite got my head around it. Even with all day nausea! And still very nervous but alsothinking of the positives. I.e liking the same things as they will be the same age group. What did oh say? Mine struggled with it but we are in a complicated situation with him wanting to leave the military.

Didnt you do a hpt a week or so ago and it was neg? I would say you are quite early on. Is the control lone as dark as test line on your fr? Not that that always means anything.

I am still waiting for my scan date but we have found babys hb with my doppler xx

dizziblonde
Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:57 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks heath... when I found out the same as you I pushed for the midwife to do an early scan as I had no idea.. had one and found out I was 10 weeks... good luck. . You really will be fine.. I felt exactly like you did x
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:15 am 
Post subject:
Congratulations Heath, don't forget that you don't always get pregnant the day you have sex, as the sperm can live up to a week, but more often 3-5 days so even if you ov'd 5 days after BD that could have been conception day, which would explain the very faint tests at first.
A digi might help pin down when you conceived, even with the bloods though there's such a big range of what's normal at each stage that they're not very helpful for dating a scan might be but as you're probably only 4-5 weeks it might be better to wait a few weeks for a dating scan Question
I had a small gap between my first 2 and I went through all the feelings you're having too, but there's no limit to love you don't have to share it between 2 children it grows with your family Smile

All the other things financial etc. tend to work themselves out, it's bound to be a shock, I think it always was for me even when planned, never mind when it's not, give yourself some time to get used to the idea and don't worry about things you did before you knew, it happens all the time as most women who aren't trying only realise after their AF was due. I was on the pill for 3 months last time and totally carrying on as normal and my son was fine Smile Congratulations again Very Happy
xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:55 am 
Post subject:
Thanks again.

OH is being very positive and excited that our perfect family will be complete without all the stress of ttc again.

I just cannot get over the feeling of guilt. I want to cry every time I look at LO. Worried if I'm really tired and miss time with her that I'll never get back. Also keep worrying incase they resent us growing up that they're so close in age. OH doesn't understand where I'm coming from.

xx

EmzandFlick
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:58 am 
Post subject:
Congratulations xxxx

ELP1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:00 am 
Post subject:
Thats a good idea hun grab a digi! That should help a bit.

What you are feeling is normal i felt the same but i think there will a lot of benefits of having them close xx

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:18 am 
Post subject:
I think my main problem is I'm thinking of LO as she is now. I've got to keep reminding myself that in 6-7 months she'll be completely different. Although she'll still be a baby, I'm sure she'll be a lot more grown up than I think now.

I'm sure in a few years I'll be so grateful.

Think I'm a bit worried about other people's reactions too. I know everyone will be shocked and ask if it was planned.

xx

sweetpea24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:39 pm 
Post subject:
First of all congratulations! Doesn't matter that you hadn't planned a second one now, its happened and its wonderful! Smile
Abigail will not know any different, she will only ever have memories of a brother or sister Smile
My DS was 7 months old (so older than your DD) when I fell preg again. It is SO nice having them so close in age. They love each other so much and play together so well.
You say she won't feel the baby move etc.., but even as a toddler - she might feel the baby move, but won't really understand, so keep that in mind.
Its going to be hard, having them close in age always is - but each stage is different and it gets easier and I honestly think its just so nice for the kids Smile
Its your body, your private life, you don't owe anyone an explanation.
Big hug. xxx

hoping4number2
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:40 pm 
Post subject:
Heath,

Just wanted to say that me and my brother are 8 months apart and it was fine! My mum and dad spent 10 years trying to get pregnant so adopted my brother then fell with me as they were adopting him!

Anyway, my mum said in some ways it was a lot easier as we played with each other and amused each other for hours! Also, you go through each stage at virtually the same time so your done with the hard bit quicker!

I'm sure once the shock wears off you'll be able to see the benefits a bit clearer.

Xx
Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:59 pm 
Post subject:
Congratulations Smile enjoy the adventure

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:38 am 
Post subject:
Thank you. Am very up and down at the moment with lots of tears. I am definitely starting to see the benefits, just can't get rid of the guilt. OH keeps saying that number 2 never gets that alone time, so at least LO will have a year of it.

We always wanted 2 children, and considering at one point we thought we weren't going to have any, I should feel really blessed.

Also feel like no-one will get excited about the new one, being so close. Abigail was so longed for and is so precious to everyone, that no-one will feel the same towards 'an accident'.

xx

ELP1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:39 pm 
Post subject:
Oh hun. Everything ypu said is how i felt. But forget anyone else its about you and oh and your lo's. Have you done that digi? Just give yourself time xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to:  

Community

Popular