late ovulation and pregnancy

nikki91118
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:31 pm 
Post subject: late ovulation and pregnancy
okay so im a little bit confused just wondered if anybody could give me a bit of advice. so my partner and I had sex around day 25 of my 30 day cycle and I didn't think I could conceive at this point as I have two children already and they were both conceived in the middle of my cycle, however I am 7 days late and am now wondering if it is possible to have ovulated later this month and if an egg got fertilized this late im my cycle would there be enough time to implant?thank x
Lindseylou
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:07 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Nikki9118,

I think some months you can ovulate later in your cycle and it is not unheard off. I baby dance around the middle of the month covering the whole two weeks and I do wonder if I ovulate later even though it shows up with OPK than it is normally day 13-14 in my cycle.

Good luck that you get that BFP. Smile
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:16 am 
Post subject:
It's definitely possible, with my first we only BD once that month and it was 5 days before I expected AF so about cd23 as I then had a 28 day cycle normally and I got pregnant so I'd definitely ov'd late that month Rolling Eyes Laughing
We only did it then unprotected as I thought it was 'safe' Rolling Eyes Laughing
I now know you're never really safe, even if you use OPK's, as you can ov more than once a month Shocked and still get caught out Laughing
Don't worry about time to implant as your luteal phase stays the same and only starts once you actually ov, so if you ov say a week late then your luteal phase starts from then and AF will be due a week later than normal as well,so in effect based on a normal 30 day cycle and if you did ov on cd25 this month and you have a 14 day luteal phase normally you're not actually now due AF until 9 days after you thought you were Smile

If it's 12 days since you BD and that was ov/conception day then you might get a pos on a home test now if you are pregnant, don't forget though that sperm can survive at least 3 days and maybe 5-7 so it's possible you could ov even later than cd25 and still conceive from sex then but it might not show up yet if that happened, Good luck xx
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular