Any advice would be appreciated :)

xLauren89x
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:57 am 
Post subject: Any advice would be appreciated :)

Hi everyone... I'm new to this site!
My name is Lauren, I'm 24 and recently me and my partner of 7 years decided to try for a baby Smile
I'm slightly confused though..

After my last withdrawal bleed from Cilest (have been on it 6 and half years) I took two tablets from my next packet and then stopped as we decided to try for a baby. the withdrawal bleeding started again as normal on sunday, 3 days after last pill in the packet, but this seems too heavy to be withdrawal bleeding... Normally I only bleed when I wipe after the loo and just wear liners for protection in the day.

some dates below if it helps...

Sun 29th Sept - last tablet from pill packet

thurs 3rd oct - withdrawal bleed started

sun 6th oct - new pill packet started

tues 8th oct - pill stopped as decided to try for baby... Folic acid started

sun 13th oct - bleeding (started off as thick, bloody discharge but then changed to dark red and stringy.... Sorry for the detail)

mon 14th oct - light bleeding only when wiping after the loo

Today - no bleeding so far

Is this likely to be a withdrawal bleed as I didn't know if the two pill tablets would have created enough peak in hormone levels to cause a bleed when stopped... Or is this more likely to be a real period? Or could it be implantation bleeding as had intercourse on Tues 8th, Wed 9th and Fri 11th (although would that have been too soon to ovulate after stopping the pill??)

Just out of interest, I took a digital ovulation test on Fri 11th which was negative, but I took one yesterday (whilst bleeding) and it was positive!

Im competely new to all this so any advice would be appreciated

lauren xxx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:24 am 
Post subject:
Ignoring the random bleeds for now the timing does sound like you could just be ovulating, it can happen as soon as 8 days after stopping contraception although 12-14+ is probably more common, so the timing does fit.
The second bleed could have been anything really, it does sound like a proper period in some respects but it could just be because your body is reacting to all the new hormone changes that are going on, the fact that it started on Sunday and you got a positive ov test yesterday sounds like it could be down to the rise in Oestrogen from ovulation, this starts to thicken the lining ready for the egg being released and for some women it does trigger bleeding, you could be more prone to this after years on the pill as one of the pill effects is to keep your lining thin which is why you tend to have lighter periods and the changes when you stop can make your body react by trying to shed some of this lining.
I had mid cycle bleeding for about 6 months when coming off the combined pill at one point Rolling Eyes and I've had it happen last year after taking Noresthisterone the cycle before ( I took it to delay AF but it is also used as contraception)
The good news is that as long as you still BD then it shouldn't affect your chances of pregnancy as after ov it takes a few days for the fertilised egg to get to the uterus and that gives the lining a chance to build up again, of course the bleeding itself can be a big put off when trying for a baby, but there's no reason not to BD of you want to, and the BD from Friday could still maybe fertilise an egg released yesterday or today.
I'd expect to have an AF if you're not pregnant this month in about 15 days or so from when you got the positive test. Good luck x
xLauren89x
Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:32 am 
Post subject:
Thank you Smile
I didn't expect to get a reply so quickly... You've been a great help!
My OH wasn't too keen on BD yesterday as I was still bleeding slightly.
How long will the egg be there for? If no bleeding today, will BD still be able to fertilise the egg or will it be too late Sad

Thanks again!
Lauren xx
kas123
Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:54 pm 
Post subject:
some people do not get on with ovulation kits. I have used a few now and the only one that works with me is the CBFM all the rest gave me positives through out the month not just at ovulation test for a few days and see what happens
xLauren89x
Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:07 pm 
Post subject:
I took an ovulation test on sat and it was negative, took one yesterday and it said high fertility... Took one a couple hours ago and it now says peak fertility!!

Has anyone else has positive conception results from using these test kits? I'm using the clear blue dual hormone digital ones

Xxx
kas123
Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:41 pm 
Post subject:
clear blue dual goes low high and then peak you should be ovulating within the next 24 hours. normal ovulation kits you can sometimes pick up pg but with the dual hormone ones you will not as they work off two completely different hormones
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:58 pm 
Post subject:
I thought you were just using the ordinary opk's sorry, the dual ones are the same as the clear blue fertility monitor, which I used to use when it says high it means you are going to ov soon as it picks up on the oestrogen rise, when it goes to peak, it means you're actually having the LH surge and should ov within 24-36 hrs, I found I either ov'd that day or the day after the cbfm said peak and basically you can conceive for around 12-24 hrs after the egg is released, sex just before it's released is best as then the sperm are there and waiting but you have a window of anything up to 60 hrs from when you get a peak (but its probably more like 24-36 for most women), so I'd go for it today if you can and then for the next 2 days and hopefully you'll catch that egg this month Smile
Good luck Very Happy
xLauren89x
Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:17 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you both so much!
Can't believe I've ovulated so soon after stopping the pill :O

Wish me luck... Ill let you know if we catch the egg or not Smile

Xxx
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:34 pm 
Post subject:
Good luck! xx
Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:03 pm 
Post subject:
Me again Smile

How soon after ovulation would you expect your body to be preparing for AF?

I'm 3-4 days PO and this morning my tummy is really swollen! I'm not sure if its water retention or not... It does feel quite tight and 'pulling' slightly (sorry i couldn't explain it better) I've never experienced this before and wondering if its due to not being on the pill anymore?

I was really hoping conception would be first time lucky for us Sad but due to the bloating I'm guessing not...

Lauren xx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:14 pm 
Post subject:
I only normally start to get AF signs from about 10 days after ov, the first one for me is PMT Rolling Eyes Laughing then about 2 days before I get bloated and my boobs stop hurting, but some months it's different and some months I get severe bloating around ov, to the point where I feel so uncomfortable it puts me off BD Embarassed
It could maybe be a reaction from your body to your womb swelling slightly with the increase in your lining after ov Question Or from the high levels of Oestrogen around ov. That won't have been happening while you were on the pill, so maybe the sudden changes from all the hormones rushing about is just making everything feel strange at the moment Question You can get weird pulling or twinges after ov as well from the corpus luteum growing where the egg follicle was, it can grow up to 5cms so it can cause some pains, some women also describe a strange pulling feeling from behind their belly button, which may be from the ligaments that hold the womb, you can feel pain in one place when really it's coming from somewhere else in your abdomen thanks to all the nerve ending in there, weird but normal Smile
I wouldn't count yourself out yet based on anything as some women are convinced AF is on the way and then get a BFP Smile xx
xLauren89x
Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:20 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you!

How many DPO is it worth taking a test?

I've read anything from 6-12 but obviously don't want to waste my time testing on day 6 if its extremely rare to get a BFP so early on.

I don't have sore boobs yet, just a bit of a sickly feeling after I've drank anything containing milk!
I've read a lot of people get the feeling they're pregnant day after conception... Apart from hoping I am, I don't feel any different

Lauren xx
xLauren89x
Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:30 pm 
Post subject:
I have literally just started having cramping but its quite low down... I'm really hoping AF doesn't come early due to stopping the pill and my cycle being messed up Sad

Xx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:51 pm 
Post subject:
It's very unlikely to get a positive result at 6 DPO, the earliest I heard of was 7 DPO and that was on a blood test. normally the fertilised egg only reaches the womb on day 4-5 and then it can take a few days to settle in and then another few days for HCG to rise to levels that a test can pick up. 9-10 DPO is probably about the earliest its worth testing but even then only about 1/3 of women will get a positive even if they are pregnant so the later the better really. Cramping is probably in the top 5 of symptoms for the 2 week wait and seems to happen to pregnant and non pregnant women so I wouldn't read too much into it, even spotting doesn't mean it's all over unless you get a full AF you're in with a chance xx
xLauren89x
Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:01 pm 
Post subject:
Oke dokie thanks for your advice.
Ill wait until 10dpo to start testing... Unless I get AF first

Lauren xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular