vbac/section

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:33 am 
Post subject:
At the end of the day Erin you only have to do what you're happy with, they can't drag you kicking and screaming to theatre, if you don't want a section and are happy to go over dates and be monitored it's your choice Smile
The word 'allowed' drives me nuts when doctors use it because it implies they're in control when really any decision is yours to make all they can do is inform you of the choices and let you decide they can't push anything on you, they might try but if it's really not what you want then you can always refuse xx
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:03 am 
Post subject:
I actually said to the registrar on Tuesday when he asked that I was swaying towards c section more so through fear of the unknown I think and he was pushing vbac all the way. He explained very thoroughly that the risks of another section far outway trying for a natural birth and that the recovery is so much more pleasant etc... so even though I am absolutely cacking it Im going to give it a go. I wont lie Im dreading it lol. x

I must say I dont understand why any trust would be so pushy into preferring you to have surgery over natural :/
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:01 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks girls. When i originally went to the doctors when i was 5 weeks pg to get pessaries i asked him about the c section bit and he said his wife had two boys 16 months apart (same as i will be) and the first she had an EMCS and the consultant advised her for the health of her and her baby to have another section so she did. He said because its so close there is a higher chance of rupture.

I have done my research and i know the chance of rupture is very slim and my argument will be that a section carries a lot of risks compared to natural, etc. I will see what he says but i cant help but feel if they push me into a section but i refused, i would feel so awful if anything happened during natural labour! i guess i will just see what they offer me and take it from there.

Nutty - i actually enjoyed labour (although i never got to push and yes i was very nervous about that part) i got to 9cm and wouldnt go any further hence the section but without a doubt would go towards natural over section. I think it is totally normal to be nervous! i had a epidural after 24 hours of labour as progression had already started to slow and they wanted to prep me for a section xx

zachariahelijahmalakaimum
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:32 pm 
Post subject:
thnaks ladies, u are all making me more detirmed to fight for a vbac this time lol

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:22 am 
Post subject:
Erin your uterine scar heals pretty quickly, if you think about the skin scar they take the stitches out after 5 days or so Question Muscle can take a bit longer but by 6 weeks it's considered fully healed I was told so by 16 months surely it's as strong as it's ever going to be Question

If I was told something in favour of repeat section over VBAC by a doc I'd want to see the research to back it up, because during my VBAC research everything I read said the same as Nutty's consultant that c section poses more risks than a natural birth Question
I know what you mean though about the pressure of what if something does go wrong, because basically that's what made me cave to pressure during labour with my breech baby, and that's the c section I still regret having, the other 2 I believe were necessary at the time, but that one I don't think was and yet it's down on paper as an emergency Question
With hindsight I was fuming because the doc had really over exaggerated the risks and I was told by several other medical professionals that they didn't agree with what he said, and there was nothing in my notes to suggest everything wasn't going well Rolling Eyes so if they are pushy maybe ask for a second opinion as another doc might see it a different way and be more supportive Question xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular