6-7dpo, negative HPT but positive OPK... Any ideas?

xLauren89x
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:55 am 
Post subject: 6-7dpo, negative HPT but positive OPK... Any ideas?
Hiya!

Im 6-7dpo and have been having cramps for the last couple of days. Had nausea yesterday and as a result off my food, had a tiny amount of pink when I wiped yesterday too... Nothing yet this morning, I know it was too early, but I did a HPT this morning with FMU which was a BFN as expected... However, I've just done an OPK and got quite a dark line! Not as dark as the control though. What does this mean? Why would I be close to another LH surge if I already ovulated??[/img]
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:31 pm 
Post subject:
Sometimes you can have one LH surge but then not actually ovulate, and then your body might try again a few days later, so maybe that's all it is and you're actually ovulating now ?
Or it could just be a normal fluctuation in LH after ov, it does drop but sometimes it can be a bit up and down after ov and sometimes rises again just before your period is due. I know I once got a line I would have said was a positive for ov about a day or two before my AF was due, got all excited and did a pregnancy test and it was negative Rolling Eyes sometimes it's just one of those things and if you tested again tomorrow the line might be very faint again x
xLauren89x
Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:42 pm 
Post subject:
The OPK I've got a dark line on is an IC one. I've done another test with clear blue digital dual hormone and that's a circle (low fertility) I've read that IC's can detect low levels of hcg but that clear blue dual hormone cannot detect hcg at all... Am I reading too much into it??
xLauren89x
Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:48 pm 
Post subject:
I'm also not due AF until 31st... A week on Thurs xx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:03 pm 
Post subject:
The clear blue can detect HCG because they also test for LH which is very similar and the same thing other ov tests test for, but because they also test for oestrogen levels and decide whether you're on a low, high or peak day based on comparing the two they might not give you a smiley face if they were just picking up HCG/LH without a rise in oestrogen so it's very hard to say, I know some ladies got a peak symbol with the clearblue fertility monitor when they were pregnant but others didn't Question
To be honest the only way to know for sure if the ic's are picking up LH or HCG is to get an actual pregnancy test.
The ov tests don't have a lower limit so they can in theory pick up even very low levels of HCG that might be too low for a sensitive pregnancy test (which is why a faint line isn't a positive for them as you need levels the same as the control usually around 20miu for the lines to look the same) but if it's a line that's positive or almost positive then a sensitive pregnancy test should also pick it up as a positive, first response pick up from 15miu and so do Asda own brand and a few others.
I have heard of one Lady who got a BFP at 7 DPO with a blood test and got a home test BFP the following day but generally 9-10DPO is pretty much the earliest as the egg can't implant until after it reaches the womb at 4 DPO and it's normally more like 5-6 DPO that it actually does for most women and then it takes a few days for the hormone levels to rise enough to be picked up, I suppose in theory if you implanted at 5 DPO and had high levels then you might get a positive at 7-8DPO but I don't remember it ever happening on here and some of the Ladies (like me Embarassed ) are serial testers so it can't be that common, Good luck xx
xLauren89x
Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:34 pm 
Post subject:
I took a pregnancy test with fmu and it was BFN... It's early days though so I'm not disappointed!

Xxx
xLauren89x
Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:47 am 
Post subject:
I'm 12-13dpo now, still positive OPK's but negative HPT's... Took IC's and FRER. Have no PMS symptoms what so ever!
Cervix is high and squishy (sorry for tmi)

I don't know what to think!!
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:57 am 
Post subject:
Could be a good sign Question But it really is just a waiting game. Is this your first month of using OPK's as some women have LH levels that are high enough to read positive on the sensitive ones all cycle Question
The ic's tend to be 20 miu which is too sensitive for some women whereas the clear blue and many other brands are more like 30 or even 40miu so wouldn't show a positive until they detect those levels, as the ic pregnancy tests are about 10miu and the first response pregnancy tests can pick up from 15miu of HCG though you would expect to get a positive on one of those if the OPK was picking up pregnancy hormone at 20 miu level Question
But sometimes for some reason they just don't so I'd wait and see if AF shows and if not maybe test again then, Good luck xx
kas123
Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:17 pm 
Post subject:
I can only use the Clear blue OPK as i get positives all month with the others. many sites say that although OPK can pick up pregnancies that they will do it at a later date to a real Pregnancy test. your Cervix should be high and firm for a pregnancy also. sorry to say i think you have ovulated later than you think.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular