hypnotherapy in pregancy/labour

zachariahelijahmalakaimum
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:21 pm 
Post subject: hypnotherapy in pregancy/labour
anyone ever tried or know anyone who has had hypnotherapy in pregnancy and/or in labour as my counsellor for my pnd has surgested it to me today x

Janey1983
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:34 pm 
Post subject:
I did hypno birth, does that count?
I bought a 10 cd off amazon and listened to it, it was a but hippy but basically said how natural this process is, your body is designed to give birth to the baby etc. It helped me build a relaxing place in my mind where I could be calm and relax and think about my love for my baby. The idea was that was a nice place to go to when the labour started. I absolutely loved it! I enjoyed just taking time out to relax and think about a relaxing place. When it came to the birth I didn't take my ipod but was quite relaxed and managed with gas and air, start to finish was about 27 hours, I was 5cm+ before I started to feel like I might like some paracetamol and my son was born about 8 hours later. I pushed for nearly 3 hours which was hard work but the Midwifes were really supportive and really lovely to me and made me feel good about doing the last pit without any pain relief. It was a purple coloured cover and was by a lady, erm Margaret or Maureen someone?
Good Luck
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:27 pm 
Post subject:
hi hun
Thnaks for that i think i will have look for a copy of this xx

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:56 pm 
Post subject:
I did hypnotherapy in pregnancy and I have to say it made labour so easy. I didn't feel the need for any drugs.. Including gas and air. Was amazing. I got a cd and a book from Amazon. The author was called Maggie Howell xx

Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:27 am 
Post subject:
thnaks huni will take a look xx

abbie29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:01 pm 
Post subject:
I did a hypnobirthing course when I was pregnant with Isobel but actually used it more in labour with Eden and only needed gas and air with her. I've got the Marie Mongan book, Cd and another relaxation CD that I'm just about to put on ebay if you're interested! x
Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:03 pm 
Post subject:
hi hun could u send me the link for it please x

abbie29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:53 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry - only just come back on here and only just got around to listing:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251407129000?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

x
Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:32 pm 
Post subject:
Hypnotherapy is really starting to gain popularity and ground as a solid form of medical treatment. I have heard of hypnobirthing already, but I have yet to actually meet someone who has used the process in order to give birth. I do know of people who have used hypnotherapy for other reasons with great success. I know several people who stopped smoking cigarettes using the technique, and I also know people who have successfully used hypnotherapy to lose weight. I would be willing to bet that it is an effective practice. Pain and such originates in the mind, so it seems more than reasonable that we could access the mind in a way that helps make childbirth easier.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular