Almost 4yr old won't sleep!!! :((((

Cleggy09
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:40 am 
Post subject: Almost 4yr old won't sleep!!! :((((
Fellow parents I am close to crying!!! I've put up with this for years now, I've just moved a few days ago and I am pregnant with my son, I am so emotional I haven't slept properly for 4 days now and I literally mean 4 hours a night, my daughter wakes at 2-3 or 3-4 and from then onwards will not go back to sleep, she just sings, bangs her head and bangs toys about, I don't mind getting up at 6am but I'd actually be happy to be woken up at that time instead of 3 hours prior!

She won't nap in the day and goes to bed at 6:30 everyday is a struggle with her attention seeking behaviour (naughtiness) I do all sorts of activities with her so she's not bored but I do limit the time I play with her so she can stimulate her self, I asked my other half to get up this morning and he slept through the whole thing! It makes me cross that he's not seeing how exhausted I am ATM he only works 3 days a week so has all the time in the world to sleep Sad I just wish she would sleep 6:30 till 5:30 or 6 so I can get longer than 4 hours sleep, we have wooden floors so I vaccume and mop most nights so I have no choice in going to bed late Sad

Please help me! I'm desperate!!
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:35 pm 
Post subject:
You must be exhausted. Is there any way you can get your lo to bed a bit later? 6.30 is quite early for a 3 year old to go to bed. I can partly empathise with you as my youngest didn't sleep through until he was 2 and 1/2.
You say she seeks attention all the time, have you asked you hv or dr for support with this? Does she go to a nursery? You can ask nursery what she is like there, if she has the same issues it might be worth asking them if the educational psychologist can assess her. They will look at how she behaves in her environment and give ways to help overcome it.
Sorry I'm not much help!!

Jolly
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:47 pm 
Post subject:
Sympathies to you I know how difficult it is to deal with lack of sleep. My 2 yr old has been like this and here are a few tips....... Get her outside as often as you can, fresh air can help them sleep longer at night. Make sure her room is as dark as possible. If she has to go to sleep at 6:30 in the evening, give her 20-30 mins then wake her up for another couple of hours, put her back to bed around 8:30 or 9:00. I leave a drink of milk beside my lo sometimes he drinks it and falls back to sleep contented. Also see if you can get some health visitor advice.
Good luck!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular