Advice please ladies!!

xLauren89x
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:13 pm 
Post subject: Advice please ladies!!
I'm now 15dpo and a 2days late for AF. Have got no PMS symptoms or signs of AF coming... I feel completely normal! Usually, i have backache for at least 3days and awful cramping. I've been getting BFN's from IC's ever since 8dpo... Day 6 and 7 dpo I was in extreme pain with cramping but haven't had any since. Boobs aren't sore, appetite is normal but I do get hot flushes and nausea now and again. My cervix is still really high, barely reachable and I have a bit more increased cm than usual. Has anyone had experience with these kind of symptoms and are the more likely to be delayed AF or a possible BFP? Took a first response yesterday and today and no second line what so ever, not even a faint one.

This is my first time and first cycle of TTC so it's still all a bit new to me, if any one has any thoughts/advice/experience I'd be grateful for it. I won't be disheartened if you say it's likely AF.. I'm just confused about what symptoms point to what and would appreciate some honest advice Smile thank you ladies xxxx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:05 pm 
Post subject:
Are you sure about when you ov'd ? Just thinking the cramping could have been ov happening late ? It's pretty common for ov to suddenly be late as soon as you start trying for a baby and if ov os late then AF will be late too.
Everything you've said could be either pregnancy or AF though, it's so hard to tell because the same hormones are responsible for post ov symptoms and early pregnancy symptoms.
Generally true early pregnancy symptoms don't start until 5-6 weeks of pregnancy but some women do say they felt pregnant even before missing a period so you never know Question
I'd give it a few more days and then test again and if you get to 3 weeks past when you think you ovulated with no AF or positive test I'd try your GP for a blood test. Some are more receptive to that than others but for some women they just don't seem to have much luck with home tests but a quantative blood test should give you more of an idea what's happening, Good Luck xx
xLauren89x
Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:14 pm 
Post subject:
Hi. Thanks for reply. Yep ovulation dates are correct, I used clear blue dual hormone ovulation kit. Ever since 9po I've had positive IC OPK's too... It's confusing me so much! Xx
xLauren89x
Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:15 pm 
Post subject:
Hi. Thanks for reply. Yep ovulation dates are correct, I used clear blue dual hormone ovulation kit. Ever since 9po I've had positive IC OPK's too... It's confusing me so much! Xx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:24 pm 
Post subject:
Sometimes you can have a pos ov test and then not ov though and maybe the pos ov tests now are your body trying to ov Question
I use the ic's a lot and generally only get positives for less than 12 hrs at ov time but one month I got over a week of pos ov tests Shocked and from when my AF arrived I think I ov'd about 4 days in, I just put it down to high LH levels that monbth and it hasn't happened since but it is possible if you've had positive opk'd but negative pregnancy tests.
I did discover though while going through my obsessive TTC Googling phase Embarassed that in early pregnancy your body produces more then one type of HCG and some tests only pick up a specific type so some women will get completely negative tests with those and then a strong positive on another brand or a high blood level on a blood test, so it may be worth trying a few different types of tests, or one of the blue dye type as they use a different reagent and I have heard women say they only get their positives on those x
xLauren89x
Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:03 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you, that's been helpful... Which tests are the blue dye ones? I've used several IC's, super drug own and first response xx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:52 am 
Post subject:
Clearblue do a non digital test that uses blue dye, can't think of any others now, but when I had my older children blue dye tests were all you could get and I had some early BFP's on them.
One word of caution though with the clear blue ones is that they give you a blue + sign if pregnant, the - line is already there and for the test to be positive the | line has to be the same width as the - line, it can be fainter but must be as wide, with the older ones you sometimes got a very thin upright line from the - line bleeding dye, but the new type shouldn't do that as they've changed the design. there might be a few other cheap ones around as well, I know there are loads in the US but they seem to have gone out of fashion over here Question I did find them easier to read as well though, Good Luck xx
xLauren89x
Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:40 pm 
Post subject:
I bought blue dye ones today like you suggested... Still BFN

I just don't know what to do or think... I've got several family meals this month... Do I not drink just incase?? Or are my chances of a BFP very slim now?
xxx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:04 am 
Post subject:
It's hard to say as I suspect as it's now so long since your positive ov test and luteal phases rarely change by more than a day that either you are pregnant but the test just aren't showing it, or that you got a surge but didn't ovulate then and all these positives on the ov tests since are your body trying to pop that egg.
If you finally ovulate around now than as long as you have sex you could still conceive or if you did ov during the time the opk's were positive you could still have conceived but it wouldn't show on a test yet as well.
Personally I think I'd go to the docs and explain everything and see if they can do bloods to see if you are or not. Once you actually ovulate then your period will almost always come the same time later to within a day every month and one of the few things that can stop that is pregnancy so there's a good reason for them to double check with the bloods, Good Luck x
xLauren89x
Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:43 am 
Post subject: Implantation or AF??
Hi, I'm sorry but this post is gonna be a bit t.m.i...

I went to the loo yesterday about 4pm... There were about 3 x 20p size amounts of brown blood on my knickers... I had no cramping or feeling of the blood coming out, it just appeared... There's been nothing since, not when I wipe or check my cervix... Could this have been implantation or am I just being hopeful??

I've done an IC this morning and BFN xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Am I Pregnant? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular