I need support today. Very discouraged! HELP!

Reagansmom52
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:56 pm 
Post subject: I need support today. Very discouraged! HELP!
I had my daughter in August and was exclusively breast feeding for the first five weeks. Since then we have switched to bottle and breast and my period returned for the month of oct on October 10. I ovulated on the 24. My husband and I had sex twice on the 23. Once on the 24. And once on the 29. I have taken four hpt tests. All negative. We really want our children to be close together but I fear since I'm breast feeding I may not be pregnant. I'm not sure if I'm having any symptoms. Is it to early to test anyhow? Has anyone ever got a positive result while breast feeding 10 dpo? Iv posted on here everyday asking for advice. I'm goin to go crazy and all the negatives are discouraging. :/
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:32 pm 
Post subject:
Breast feeding can prevent things for a while.

10dpo, breastfeeding or otherwise is too early to test for most people.

I would say wait another week then retest if no AF.

It's not necessarily going to happen the first month - it takes the average couple with no problems 12 months so you just need to give it some time.
Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:12 pm 
Post subject:
A friend of mine was breast feeding hers and though she could not get PG while breast feeding little did she know but when her son was 6 months old she found out that she was 4 months PG her periods never returned.
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:32 am 
Post subject:
If you definitely ovulated you can get pregnant breastfeeding or not .
Sometimes while breastfeeding you don't ovulate and don't have periods which is why you then can't conceive.
That only normally happens when exclusively breastfeeding but even then some women find their periods return to normal,
I know mine arrived 6 weeks after my son was born and I was exclusively breast feeding but with my first daughter it was 5 months Question
If your period has returned then you almost certainly did ovulate towards the end of September as you normally have to ovulate first to have a period.
Even if you were pregnant this cycle 10DPO is quite early for a test to show positive, a lot of women don't get a positive until 12-14 DPO or even later so it could have been too early to test and you're not out yet, Good Luck for when you test again x
shelleyf
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:40 pm 
Post subject:
Breastfeeding reduces the hormone that triggers ovulation but doesn't mean that it will prevent ovulation in every woman and the window of opportunity to get pregnant May still be there but you'll have to do ovulation test strips. I gave birth at the end if August and still haven't had a period because I haven't ovulated I too am not taking contraception as I would like to fall pregnant again soon.
Don't feel desperate or discouraged and definitely do not let it spoil these precious few months with your gorgeous new baby we will get pregnant again when things have settled down and in the meantime we gave the most amazing gift to keep us occupied and well done for exclusively breastfeeding i have been for the whole ten weeks and she's thriving!! Xxx
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular