please help 18 month old won't slEep in her bed

kirstyt09
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:09 pm 
Post subject: please help 18 month old won't slEep in her bed
Super nanny plz cum help me, my 18 month old daughter will NOT sleep in her bed, she has NEVER EVER slept through the night, she has now gone into big girls beed and has not slept a noght init yet, we put it back to cot and she climbs out of it so its safer to put back to bed, she won't sleep unless I'm lying next to her, she can then fall sleep in her bed after hours of me being sat wiv her to then wake in night and refuses go back sleep unless in my bed, tonight I'm trying cc and leaving her she just keeps getting out of bed and frowing everything out of her child gate and screaming, I can't cope no more sum1 plz help me x
Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:26 pm 
Post subject:
you just got to have patients, and just keeping putting her in bed, read her a story then kiss her goodnight and leave the room, and if she carrys on doing it the just pick her up, put her back into bed and say bedtime, then when she does it again pick her up and put her in bed and say nothing, she will soon know who is boss, it may take a while before she sleep full but keep doing it,

keep us informed as how it goes

gruffalo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:59 pm 
Post subject:
Or you could try gradual retreat.

First night sit next to her on bed rather than lying down and leave once she is asleep. Keep doing for two or three nights till she is happy to fall like this.

Then next night sit next to her bed with a hand on her. again repeat for a few nights till happy to fall like this

Then next night sit next to bed with no contact. Repeat until she is happy settling like that

Then next night sit closer to door with no contact. Repeat until happy to settle like this.

You get the idea, you get further and further away from the bed until eventually you can leave the room and they self settle.

All of the above with minimal eye contact and talking.

Wahtever you choose to do, it will take time (like at least a couple of weeks or more!) and it needs persistence and patience, but the two methods, this and cc do work if you keep going. HAve used both and they work well, but do prefer gradual retreat as feels kinder, but can take longer.

Hope you crack it soon, let us know how you get on. Its hard going but you wil get there i promise!

MAndy xx
michelletv
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:28 pm 
Post subject:
I hope you right!! my daughter soon to be 17 months, wont sleep until i breastfeed her (another problem is getting her off the breast, never mind into her own bed), i will need more than super nanny. anyone have suggestions for the breastfeeding and the sleeping, really appreciate it.
xx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:05 pm 
Post subject:
michelletv: sorry i am going through the same, my daughter is nearly 13 months, and i breastfeed her, she will not sleep unless latched on to me, and i have been trying to get her onto solids, for nearly 7 months and still no luck she just not interested in solids. i have cut the breast milk done loads but still no luck i really need supernanny, my hv and dr are useless dont help me at all

michelletv
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:25 am 
Post subject:
yip, she is now almost 21 months and still no luck getting her off the breast. She attends a daycare during the day, so they are very good in getting her to eat breakfast and lunch. I would suggest giving your daughter finger foods to start with. grated cheese or apple, pieces of polony. let her feed herself. put her down on a towel with a bowl and let her mess first with the food and eventually she might put something in her mouth.
good luck...i'm thinking of drying up my milk then she is forced to quit, but feeling so guilty about doing it!!
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:08 pm 
Post subject:
michelletv: how do i do that, dry up milk, please help

gruffalo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:28 pm 
Post subject:
By refusing to bf her and offering only cowsmilk instead. Though if doing this, I would recommend cutting one feed at a time as milk drying up is painful if still feeding lots. Just will make it easier.

When we ended our bf journey, Sophia was only on one feed a day and it took a couple of days of engorged breasts before milk dried up mainly, but lot longer before completely gone.

Mandy x
Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:06 pm 
Post subject:
my daughter is going to be 2 this month and still no luck in stop breastfeeding, or getting her in her own bed, she has got her own bed but will not sleep in it at all unless i am next to her and she latched on boob

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Getting Baby To Sleep All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular