crying when left at nursery

emsmummy2010
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:18 am 
Post subject: crying when left at nursery
Hi my 3yr old cries everytime i leave her at nursery, its not as bad as it was because she would cry from the moment she woke up till i dropped her off.she started in september and really loves it at nusery its just me leaving her bit. She cries and keeps saying "dont leave me mummy" which is heart breaking. The staff have to pull her off me while she is clinging on to me, she cries for a few minutes then settles down most of the time. Its only been twice that she has gone in ok and even kisses me and waved. Thought she might have got used to it by now. Im dreading her going back to nursery on monday, im feeling a bit low with my pregnancy so its not helping either.
Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:25 pm 
Post subject:
My boys a bit younger 18 months, but does the same when I drop him at the childminders. This morning I left him with my husband and left for work and he was crying his eyes out and holding his arms out to me. It's so heartbreaking I hate it, but try not to worry its positive that threu have formed a strong attachment and separation anxiety is normal at a young age. They will grow out if it. I know I was the same as your little girl when I was her age, my mum had a nightmare every time she tried to drop me off x

Shellm
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:58 pm 
Post subject:
I work in a school nursery and we have a few of our children who cry when they come in, as soon as mum or dad have gone they are fine. It must make you feel bad leaving her but you are doing the right thing in taking her. Some parents would give in and keep her at home.
Maybe she has just got into a habit of crying every day and it's routine now. You said she enjoys it while she's there.

emsmummy2010
Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:09 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for replies.
I havent given in as i know it would only be harder when she goes to bigger school. The staff at her nursery are great with her and give her lots of cuddles and always tell me that she is fine after im gone. I havent had a night away from her since being born so we have a very close bond and she is used to being with me 24/7.i get paranoid that the staff think OMG that crying kids here again.

Jump to:  

Community

Popular