NO SLEEP

Jolly
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:27 am 
Post subject: NO SLEEP
Here I am, up at 5:30am again! My 2 yr old just won't seem to sleep past it, I'm totally exhausted. I've cut his sleep down to 1hr during day and last night kept him up till 9:00pm, but nothing seems to help. Any advice out there, am desperate!!!

Bobski1980
Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:44 am 
Post subject:
I've had the same problem with my 17 month old for like...forever! I found putting him to bed later actually made it worse so I stopped that and stuck to 7pm. For some reason he has just stopped doing it (touch wood). For the last two weeks he's been waking between 7 and occasionally 8am. I actually read a thread on how to stop this a few days before it stopped where lots of mums have their advice on how they stopped their babies doing the same. Do you have a bedtime routine? If so I would stick to this religiously, try bringing his bedtime back again as over tiredness can make them bad sleepers... Weird I know! We decided if he woke at 5-5/30 we were going to treat it like 1am and try to settle him back down. Of it didn't work wed give him some water and if that didn't work wed give him some milk as some times he was just hungry and we would get him up and he would be shattered all day. Since then there's only been one morning we cudnt get him back to sleep. You could try leaving him longer before you decide to get him up as we also found our boy would eventually go back to sleep. I'm not sure if this is why it's now stopped, but its about re setting his clock from waking up at 5:30. Hope this helps x

Cleggy09
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:44 pm 
Post subject:
Oh my dear dear fellow mummy I know exactly how you feel, my daughter is 3 years old and she wakes at 12-2-4 and then 6:30 after going to bed at 6:30-7:00pm I'm always teird I don't know how I function but like you I have tried to cut out things she has no naps now and she's worse than ever :/ xxxx
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:35 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you ladies, he's still the same at the minute, I do keep his bedtime to about 8:00 - 8:30 because by that time I'm too tired anyway! I just don't know what we're goin to do.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular