haven't been on for a while but need some advice

Lucrjackson1990
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:08 pm 
Post subject: haven't been on for a while but need some advice
ok so my little boy is now 8 monhs old and on 3 meals a day but just recently he's been refusing to eat his breakfast. I've tried all different breakfast cereals such as porridge (all different flavors) weetabix, even tried toast but he just refuses every time however he will happily drink a bottle?
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:19 pm 
Post subject:
what time does he get up and have his breakfast?

I used to give my daughter bottle on waking, then breakfast an hour or 2 later.

How about fruit and yoghurt, scrambled egg. Breakfast doesnt have to be just cereals.

Lucrjackson1990
Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:20 pm 
Post subject:
he usualy wakes at 4am so he has a feed then, then wakes at 8am so he has breakfast then. i have tried giving it later but makes no difference, i have also tried fruit and yoghurt and mashed banana etc x
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:17 am 
Post subject:
I wouldnt stress too much about it, as long as he is eating fine the rest of the time and gaining weight. I think all children go through a stage of not eating properly.

my daughter often wont eat her breakfast and she is 4 and picks what she wants Evil or Very Mad

I would say give him the bottle at 4am, another bottle at 8am, and try him with a bit of breakfast, if he doesnt eat it, just try a snack a bit later.

The other thing ould be he is filling up on milk, could you try cutting out the 4am milk, or pushing it out a bit til maybe 6am, then breakfast a bit later?

hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:15 pm 
Post subject:
Hello Smile

i would just give him the bottle in the morning dont see anything wrong with it but i do agree at his age it will more than likely be the 4am bottle, I'd try to get him sleeping through now x
Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:10 am 
Post subject:
im trying to wean him off the nighttime feeds but he just screams blue murder Sad xxx
Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:41 pm 
Post subject:
I really feel for you with the night feeds, my dd is also 8 months and until this week would always wake at night and scream for hours until I gave in and fed her. I tried everything, including emailing the 'sleep fairy' as I'm back at work and totally exhausted. I'm sure you've been told this a thousand times but last weekend she just seemed to drop the night feed herself, we've now had 6 nights without night feeds!! This time last week I thought it was an absolute impossibility!!

Sorry if that's not totally helpful but I guess in just trying to say there's not much you can do if they want fed at night and eventually he really will give it up and sleep through. Xxxx
ruth1980
Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:33 pm 
Post subject:
Hi one website I find really helpful is this link http://www.cwt.org.uk/publications.html
if you look down the left hand side of the page there are free resources for various stages including eating well for the first year of life 7months - 9months. They have loads of breakfast lunch dinner ideas and it is free, the meals are balanced. Hope im allowed to post external links on here, apologies if im not Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular