admin

happyhell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:23 pm 
Post subject: admin
Can you sort this spam out?

Are you even monitoring this board anymore?
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:59 pm 
Post subject:
You need to post in site and forum feedback for a better response. Im sick of seeing the amount of spammers in here and reporting them. Theres certain moderators here that dont even use the site any more yet daily users have been over looked for the positions.
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:37 pm 
Post subject:
Hon how are you? I keep looking out for you as I know your due date is soon.

Seriously this site will go bust if spam doesn't get deleted. It's been in here for days . Disgraceful
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:21 pm 
Post subject:
It so quiet these days Crying or Very sad

]
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:00 pm 
Post subject:
happyhell29 wrote:
Hon how are you? I keep looking out for you as I know your due date is soon.

Seriously this site will go bust if spam doesn't get deleted. It's been in here for days . Disgraceful

I had baby Hannah on Friday 15th November Smile She's adorable and Im very much in love Very Happy
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:50 pm 
Post subject:
Yep this site needs new moderators out with the old and in with the new. Then it may get some life injected into it. I believe only one of the mods posts occasionally and the others disappeared many moons ago.
All this junk makes the site look pants.
Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:04 am 
Post subject:
amazing news nutty, congratulations. Beautiful name. What a wonderful Christmas present.

Banoffee if they got some new moderators I think it would massively help. They way they leave spam up for days shows the store owners don't care at your right, makes the site look unkempt and unloved.
It's pretty naughty how days the spam has been on. When I first came on here when ttc faith the boats were so busy. What Anita me is I bet they would instantly act if you put up your email address to advertise another website or baby site! !!
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:11 am 
Post subject:
I'm finding it really sad, but true to read all this. I still come on really frequently but it is so quiet and you get hardly any responses to anything. It used to be so busy and friendly.

Hope the mods can sort this out.

StaceyRD
Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:41 am 
Post subject:
Hi ladies,

I have replied to your post in Site and Forum Feedback, and I have apologised a lot in there too. I've not been on this week because of family, and yes recently I am the only mod plus Bill comes on to sort things out too. Because of how quiet the board is we are able to upkeep quite well with just us at the moment, I don't think the answer is to add more mods, controlling the spam would still be the same if for example us volunteers could only come on every evening - obviously I will try not to be away again though! We cant always be around and we do deal with things as quickly as we can. We can't control who posts spam or when. I am around a lot more usually than I have been this week so it's only this week you've seen it "unkempt".

Quite often people do not see the spam that has been posted because at times I catch it not long after it's been posted. Normally the posters are computers so post the spam and then leave, they will not see replies written on their posts, nor will they hopefully be back because after I have trashed Bill does deactivate their account. For the record I do on normal days come on in the morning and evening every day. Obviously not at the same time every day because of my two kids but nevertheless I do try, I really do care about this site a lot.

The site being so quiet upsets me too - but even when I've tried to inject life into it my posts have gone unnoticed too. I do post often and I am around a lot, if I can't comment on a post I will try directing it to where it's better and hope others can help. Please don't think I am not around when AskBaby is still a big part of my life, not just because I moderate here.

I believe Bill and Hannah have things up their sleeves so please please stick with us if you care about us and watch this space!

I believe there is an email option next to the PM option by my name, if anyone has any urgent issues please feel free to email me and I will again check often to catch this quickly. Again I'm sorry I've been away this week but we all have lives and families and I hope you understand.

Have a nice weekend all and huge congratulations on the birth of Hannah, nutty! x

Last edited by StaceyRD on Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:02 am; edited 2 times in total
StaceyRD
Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:44 am 
Post subject:
Spam is gone now. Again I apologise it was there for so long xx

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:00 am 
Post subject:
Thanks Stacey Very Happy I wasnt having a dig at you by the way when I was saying about the moderators. Youre the only one that bothers these days I was aiming it at the other names who dont come on here any more.
Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:03 am 
Post subject:
No that's fine. Sorry for my huge ramble. Felt I have to stick up for my postion and really point out that I care too.

How is Hannah settling in? x

happyhell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:16 pm 
Post subject:
Stacey I have replied as well in the other section. I am totally not having a go at a volunteer moderator at all. My annoyance is the owners of the site.

Personally I think a few more moderators would help so it's not all down to you. If Your away for a few day's it stops it building up. That's not me asking to be a moderator by the way.

The site isn't going to attract new users if people are discouraged from coming on by the quietness of the site.... we needoto get our thinking caps on other wise everyone will run off to mums net or baby and bump x
AskBaby Team
Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:40 am 
Post subject:
Hi everyone,

Nutty, I just sent you a Congratulations pm because I couldn't remember where I'd seen about baby Hannah - and then pop back onto this thread and it's staring me in the face all along! Very Happy

I'd like to add that I'm so sorry about the spam that got out of hand. We did have a group (gaggle of mods? muddle of mods? not sure what the collective noun is!) who were our regular members, but they have slowly slipped away over the year. Sad to see them go, obviously, but I totally understand their needing to concentrate on other things.

Happily we still have Stacey who, I'm sure you'll agree, is fantastic! And Stacey, I really don't want you to feel guilty about having a holiday or family over to visit!!!!!

I'll look into sorting us out with some new mods, and see what changes our system allows in a given year. We really do care! Also if any of you have any ideas on what we can do collectively to get our mojo back, please do say. We have ideas, and I'm working really hard on them, but it's all about fitting things in!

Me personally, I try to come onto AB as often as possible, and do a morning and afternoon sweep - I'm so sorry where I've missed things. Unfortunately if they don't get reported in Site & Forum Feedback then they do tend to fly over my head.
happyhell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:42 pm 
Post subject:
I vote nutty to be a moderator.

And if there are more people who are moderators perhaps more people will post.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular