spam

happyhell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:40 pm 
Post subject: spam
The site is full of spam. Look on general chat . IT HAS BEEN ON THERE FOR DAYS AND NO ONE IS TAKING IT DOWN

why should we use your site when it's not looked after?
Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:34 am 
Post subject:
I appreciate your upset and apologise for not coming on and sorting it out sooner - but please be aware we're all people with lives and families (I have my sister visiting this week so have not been on as much). I'm the only active moderator at the moment and I know Bill comes on all he can too. If anything is urgent please feel free to PM us and hopefully we'll respond sooner, generally I am around a lot more than I have been this week and deal with more spam than people realise or see, again sorry for my absence.

I hope you use this site because you like it and get support, please ignore the spam and understand that we can not control when or who it is posted by but deal with it as quickly as we can. Trust me it really frustrates us all!

Hope you have a lovely weekend - off to sort the spam out now! x

happyhell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:10 pm 
Post subject:
Stacey that totally wasn't a dig at the likes of you,who volunteers on the site. It was a dig at the site owners who will earn a decent amount from this site. It should be monitored better when there is such a high level of advertising on here and that shouldn't be left to volunteers when an income will be being made

X
AskBaby Team
Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:09 am 
Post subject:
Hi Happyhell,

I'm so sorry spam got out of hand!

I'd like to start by throwing my support behind Stacey too, just like you have! She's fantastic, and we simply couldn't keep AB going without her Smile

Unfortunately, we had a cohort of mods at the beginning of the year who slowly seem to have deserted us. By the way, totally not a dig at them - family and life comes first! - just an attempt at dramatic language!

Now for the confession - while I do come on here as much as I can, and that is daily, it's not as much as I'd like to be able to. This means that when I do come on, I check my inbox for any direct messages, and check Site Forum & Feedback thread for spam. Stacey and Nutty1 are my BFFs on that particular forum, anything that does get reported tends to come from them!

Unfortunately, if it's not reported on there I'm unlikely to find it amongst our other 50+ forums...

I think the spam-splosion (should be a word) was the perfect storm of both me and Stacey being away from our computers? This means it is obviously incumbent on me to make things get better. I promise I'll try!

But for now can I ask you to spread the word, if it needs deleting then can whoever finds it post the spam's URL or the spammer's username in Site Forum & Feedback? Without things going into there I'm a little too in the dark to be as useful as I'd like Sad

Please get in touch if you have any ideas or requests,
Best,
Bill
happyhell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:39 pm 
Post subject:
My request is nutty becomes a moderator.
X
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular