Wedding Hair Make/up

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:06 am 
Post subject: Wedding Hair Make/up
Jeeesh how difficult is it to find someone Twisted Evil I've spent weeks and weeks finiding someone that doesn't want to charge over £300 for the Bride. I've found that the local Toni and Guy Salon do it and they will even come to your house.

However, I then told the bridesmaids and my SIL who have said they'd like to utilise whoever I get and they tell me they are too expensive Evil or Very Mad I could really cry, 10 mins before that conversation one of my BM's pulled out because she is pg and will be bf-ing at the wedding (which I understand its just frustrating). They don't want to pay more than £20, which I think is completely unrealistic for a wedding.

So who thinks that £35-£45 is expensive for the BM's (its the cheapest I've found so far).

Also for me they have quoted £45 for 1 trial, £70 for 2 trials, and then £45-£70 on the day. Plus make-up £45, although bizarrly the trial is £50 so more expensive lol

hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:08 am 
Post subject:
Try going into somewhere like debenhams, i know lots of people who have gone in to have their make up done on their wedding day, i guess it depends if youre having a wedding in a town or somewhere quite remote. I've had mac done, they're now £30, and bobbi brown, they're in selfridges. John lewis do make up too.
You could try not to say its your wedding day too because as soon as you say wedding it'll be 10x more expensive haha xx
Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:24 am 
Post subject:
I live in Yorkshire and most hairdressers charge 15 for hair up styles etc... Ordinary mobile hairdressers are usually cheap. As for make up they charge about £70 for the bride only. Have you got a local hair and beauty college nearby as my local college has a salon and are very competitive.
Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:45 am 
Post subject:
I think the bridesmaid price is actually okay. Round here there are a lot of places you can pop in to have your makeup done for a night out and it's usually £20 for eye makeup only or you can go to the nicer place that I go and it's £34 for the whole face including either strip or individual eyelashes. Have you thought about looking at mobile makeup artists on facebook?

Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:24 pm 
Post subject:
My hair and makeup was £50 each for my wedding and my bridesmaids were £27 for makeup and £25 for hair which I thought was pretty reasonable (I had been quoted £40 to do my bridesmaids hair from someone else)

I would tell your bridesmaid to suck it up or do their own makeup, though hair is a bit more complicated. Its your wedding not theirs!
Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:50 am 
Post subject:
I agree with Raspich, I dont think your prices are that bad. I'd just say to the bridesmaids that I understand if they dont want to pay for makeup and they can do they're own if they want, that way they'll only prob be paying 20 odd for their hair.

Why do bridesmaids have to be so awkward sometimes?!? I was lucky, only had my 2 sisters and I did all our makeup so I only had to pay for the hair (the hair was part of the gift to the bridesmaids so I didn't mind paying).

xx
Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:02 pm 
Post subject:
Lilly you're from Liverpool aren't you? Have you heard of Peaches and Cream? I get my makeup done for a night out there sometimes and I want them at my wedding if I ever get dragge dup the aisle. Might have to win the lottery first though as it's £1600 Laughing Sorry to derail your thread Trace x

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:50 pm 
Post subject:
When I was a bridesmaid for my mum I had to pay for my own dress and do my own hair and makeup... It was never even suggested otherwise.. Xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular