Thick placenta, baby measuring small!

NevaehsMum
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:39 pm 
Post subject: Thick placenta, baby measuring small!
I am 18 weeks & 2 days pregnant. My doctor says that my baby is measuring 3 weeks smaller than what she should be and that my placenta is thicker than what it's supposed to be for my baby's gestational age.. She said my baby may have a chromosomal abnormality.. I am trying to rule that out though.. Has anyone had this problem, but still had a healthy baby? Please no rude comments, as I am really stressed. I may never get to hold my baby alive if she has the chromosomal abnormality that my doctor thinks she may have. Thank you all SO much in advance!
MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:26 pm 
Post subject:
There are lots of reasons why a baby measures small, not just hormonal. I have a IUGR baby which is slow growth due to placental problems (mine was undiagnosed until birth, I'd have been bricking it had I known tho). The magic foundation charity support growth conditions including those still in uterine.
FX crossed for you

Xx

MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:27 pm 
Post subject:
There are lots of reasons why a baby measures small, not just hormonal. I have a IUGR baby which is slow growth due to placental problems (mine was undiagnosed until birth, I'd have been bricking it had I known tho). The magic foundation charity support growth conditions including those still in uterine.
FX crossed for you

Xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular