Son doesn't have part in school play

zbeth
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:09 pm 
Post subject: Son doesn't have part in school play
Don't know if I should be annoyed by this or not, basically sons school is doing a Xmas play and a letter was sent home today saying they have to learn a line which was attached to the letter however my son doesn't have one, it didn't seem to bother me as I know my son has learning difficulties but when I told my partner ( sons dad) he wasn't happy and said he could say merry Christmas at the end and said he was going to ring the school what do u think?
RacheynHarry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:29 pm 
Post subject:
Are there any other children who dont have a line to play? If he is the only one then I would approach the school to ask why as it does seem unfair. As your partner said he could at least say merry christmas. Hope you get it sorted

EmzandFlick
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:34 pm 
Post subject:
I would defo be pulling them up on it! Why should they leave a child out? Is he able to learn a line? Even saying Merry Christmas at the end. Poor boy Sad Sad

Shellm
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:35 pm 
Post subject:
Just because your lo doesn't have anything to say doesn't mean he doesn't have a part. Have you asked him what he is doing in the play? He might be dancing.

zbeth
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:47 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks I didn't think about any other part it just would of been nice for us to know, I'm not 100% sure if everyone had a line but what the letter said it suggests they all do and when I ask him what he has done at school he doesn't tell me or he just says no accidents today lol as we have recently managed to toilet train
keltru
Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:58 pm 
Post subject:
My daughter has a line in her nativity but there's quite a few others that don't have actual lines. There's loads of angels but they can't all say something. Maybe he's a sheep or a star? All of the children in Emilia's class will be singing the songs though. x x

StaceyRD
Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:05 pm 
Post subject:
Isabelle never tells me a thing about school, even when she's just got out Rolling Eyes
Definitely speak to someone, I'm sure he's got a part, even if there's no speaking in it Smile

mumtoastar
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:45 pm 
Post subject:
My son also has a school play, he's playing the part of a sheep with no lines. But his teachers said in the letter children that weren't comfortable with speaking in public we're given a supporting role. Maybe it's the same is for your son? Can you have a quick word with his teacher tomorrow and find out? x

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:48 pm 
Post subject:
there are 60 main roles in my sons nativity plus the rest of the school are singing with them.. most children dont have speaking roles. especially animals/ stars but they are all singing.. maybe ask him if hes done any new singing at school?? xx
Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:28 pm 
Post subject:
Isobel has two lines in hers and has to put some hay in the manger but she's getting a bit of stage fright. I'd certainly ask whether there are other children not speaking and check he's involved!! xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular