Periods

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:37 am 
Post subject: Periods
Just a quick post to ask. When do periods return after having a baby? I am exclusively breast feeding, im not on any contraception.

I want my periods to come back so I can monitor my cycles.

Can I chart if I haven't had a period??

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:44 am 
Post subject:
I think it can vary between women to be honest, could be 6 months could be a year.
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:26 pm 
Post subject:
Most peoples dont until they stop or cut down on bf. X

Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:30 pm 
Post subject:
Mine have only recently returned now that I am only feeding my daughter twice a day and beginning to wean her onto soya milk.

It think it does depend on each woman though. I wouldnt know about charting cycles while you're not having them though. I dont think you should be ovulating due to the amounts of hormones you create while BF - they say not to rely on it as contraception as it isnt 100% so that probably depends too.
Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:07 pm 
Post subject:
I'd say you could chart Question
Purely because you will ov at some point and it will happen before your first period as that's the way round your cycle works, it's the not getting pregnant after ov that means you have a period, so if you chart then when you do finally ov you will see a rise, of course it could be months if you're exclusively breast feeding or it could be any time. I've had my first AF as early as 6 weeks after the birth and as late as 5 months after while breast feeding Question
I'd definitely either use contraception or monitor what's happening in some other way though because you can get pregnant without ever having that first period after having a baby xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Postnatal Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular