Stopping bedtime breast feed

AliJo
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:18 pm 
Post subject: Stopping bedtime breast feed
My daughters 15 months and I still breast feed her once a day, before bedtime. I was wondering when would be a good age to stop this so she can go to bed at night without any milk? I would've replaced breast feeding with milk from a cup by now, but when I tried this during the day she refused the milk each time. She goes to sleep at nap time without any milk really well. Should I just keep breast feeding her at beetime until she refuses it? How will i know she's ready? I wasn't really in a hurry to stop, but now she's got quite a lot of teeth, even though she doesn't bite, they do feel sharp.
Kell83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:54 pm 
Post subject:
I'm sorry I don't know the answer, I am interested to hear any advise though.
Could you maybe offer her water before bed and see how she gets on?
Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:16 pm 
Post subject:
The one thing that worked for me was slowly making each session shorter so she would get used to having less milk, and then eventually get used to not breastfeeding anymore. Best of luck!
--------------------------------------
Julie
michelletv
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:36 pm 
Post subject:
really try to stop now.
i am in the same boat and my daughter is 28 months !!!!!!
she wants breast when i get home from work, through the night (very tiring) and weekends when she feels like it.
i think most times she is drinking , while other times she is using me as a dummy. she has mastered the breastfeeding technique and hasnt bitten or hurt me.
i have tried all sorts of things, but alas, nothing works.
now when she asks for tittie, i say not now, when the people are not looking. it helps abit but still hectic.

i wouldnt mind advice please as well.
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:24 pm 
Post subject:
i am interested in advice, the only time my 26 month old has breastmilk is at bedtime, finding it impossible to stop, tried everything, and she will not stop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular