Getting them dry at night???

Lilly777
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:57 pm 
Post subject: Getting them dry at night???
OK, I had a right mare trying to get my LO dry during the day (I will admit because I prob made too much of a deal of things) which we now thankfully are, she is brilliant now! Been out of day nappies since before Christmas (well I'm struggling like mad with number 2s but thats a whole new post haha!) with hardly any accidents and I'm now thinking about how I move on to geting her dry at night.

If she has one, I've been putting her down for an afternoon nap with no Pull-Up on, just a pampers bed sheet (just incase) and we were doing OK but the other day she woke up crying because she'd wet herself while asleep.

Her nappy is still really heavy with wee when she wakes up in the morning as well, does this mean she's no where near being ready to come out of nappies of a night yet? If I was to move forward with this, any suggestions as to how?

OMG I HATE TOILET TRAINING WITH A PASSION!!!!!!!!!

xx
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:04 pm 
Post subject:
im really struggling with this aswell, but i was told you cant 'train' them to be dry at night, as its to do with their brain realising they need to go and waking them up, whereas during the day they are concious and more aware.

Until she is having mor dry nappies, or waking up then I wouldnt even attempt it. Many children are not dry at night until closer to 6.

Lilly777
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:23 am 
Post subject:
Thanks Steph, you've actually made me feel an awful lot better!

I didn't realise they were so much older when you get them dry at night......the way mine is going she's going to be about 30 haha!

Can I ask, will Sam go to the toilet to go 'properly'?? I'm having a terrible time, she cries and cries for a Pull-Up so that she can actually go and in the end I give in just because I know she's in pain from holding it in. I've tried everything, even a laxative so that when she had to go she'd have to go and would go sitting on the toilet but even that didnt work!

Shes great at going for a wee, I don't even have to take her now she just pops upstairs and she's done but the pooing issue is wearing me down. Like the hubby said to me the other night, we're basically paying now to use a nappy or Pull-Up as a toilet!

Help haha!

xx
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:50 pm 
Post subject:
I agree with steph. If Evie does nap in the day (which is rare) she won't wee, but nightime we are so not ready yet.

I am at a secondary school and in my role I still find a lot of parents have children not dry at night(takes a while before they admit it tho). It is not until they are around 7 that they will even begin to help you about night times, as after this time the brain kicks in and if they don't there maybe a deeper reason.

so... don't worry! It will happen when it does Smile

xx

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:56 pm 
Post subject:
Lilly777 wrote:

Can I ask, will Sam go to the toilet to go 'properly'?? I'm having a terrible time, she cries and cries for a Pull-Up so that she can actually go and in the end I give in just because I know she's in pain from holding it in. I've tried everything, even a laxative so that when she had to go she'd have to go and would go sitting on the toilet but even that didnt work!

Shes great at going for a wee, I don't even have to take her now she just pops upstairs and she's done but the pooing issue is wearing me down. Like the hubby said to me the other night, we're basically paying now to use a nappy or Pull-Up as a toilet!

Help haha!

xx

About 75% of the time! It was a good 6 months after getting dry that she would go. She wouldnt even ask for a pull up, she would just hide and do it in her pants! I almost bought shares in Primark for pants. I tried laxatives, but at least the solid ones were easier to dispose of (sorry if tmi!)

She still has moments now where she wont go properly, usually because she cant be bothered to sit still long enough. Just try not to make a big problem of it, and praise when she does go

LauraG
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:28 pm 
Post subject:
My daughter took a year after being dry during the day to be dry at night.

My 2nd daughter has been dry during the day since just before Xmas and is not dry at night but im nt worried shel do it wen she's ready.

sally1977
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:51 pm 
Post subject:
I toilet trained Caytlyn about July last year. I kept her in pull ups at night and she was ok during the day but still had accidents. In the end I was so fed up i bought a plastic sheet and made sure I had plenty of bedding and took the nappies away completely. This was October last year and we haven't looked back. The first couple of weeks had several wet beds but after that it just kept getting better and better. I would say we probably have a couple of wet beds a month now. I think she was getting confused with when she was and wasn't wearing a nappy. We also keep a potty in her bedroom and she loves to announce to us in the morning what the contents of the potty are!

MummyAbba
Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:49 pm 
Post subject:
I'm just weaning my daughter off the water at night time. Then hopefully she will start going to the toilet in the night. She took a whole year to be completely dry in the day. It was so long! I don't think she realises to wake up to go for a wee. She is 4 now. Starting school in September. So this is a must ideally. xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular