Out of ideas

MummaT
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:30 am 
Post subject: Out of ideas
I'm not really sure where to start. I have a 5 year old boy and I'm really worried about him. He has had some issues at school and we are now working with them to get it turned around. He seems to get really worked up and then can't manage his behavior. He tells us that he doesn't want to behave that way and to be honest I'm not sure if he understands why he does some of the things he does. He tends to be good at home, I'm not claiming he's an angel but he has been responding well to the reward things we have put in place. Then this weekend my husband was away and we went to see my parents, my lovely gorgeous boy went and changed personalities. He wouldn't listen to me or anyone else. When I talk to him about it he says he wants to chose good behavior and he doesn't know why he does the other things. I know I don't always do the right thing or respond in the right way, and I will try harder. I'm sure we can all relate to not being perfect! I don't know what we're doing wrong, honestly we're not terrible parents we both try so hard and put so much effort into everything. I'm just so worried about him. He is such a fantastic little boy and I'm scared because others don't get a chance to see that. I don't want him to known as the 'bad' boy at school. He doesn't have any close friends at school, he has never been invited to play or to a party or anything like that. I just want him to be happy and for others to like him for him. What else can we do? Please any help or advice would be great. I find myself in tears every day, I would hate for him to an unhappy child and not have friends. My husband and I have even talked about moving as we're not sure if it's got something to do with the area. The school he goes to is brilliant and they have been really supportive, I'm just worried about the schools around us after this one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Five Years plus All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular