5 month old rarely naps in day doesn't sleep till midnight

Meloney1981
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:51 pm 
Post subject: 5 month old rarely naps in day doesn't sleep till midnight
Hi there. My lo rarely naps in the day. She goes to sleep around midnight, sleeps right thru till 7.30 which is great but gets very grouchy when she gets tired but try to put her to bed for nap but she screams the house down. No settling her. Concerned as babies need more sleep than she has altogether. Tried all sorts. After 2 hrs trying to get her to nap it give up as I stress us both out. I'm breast feeding and that only way I get her to sleep at night. She won't have a dummy tried expressing bit on muslin cloth to put in cot with her thst still doesn't work. Can anyone help!!!
Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:32 pm 
Post subject:
I had a 'non sleeper' she would refuse flat to sleep during the day and often wouldn't go to bed until late. Some days she would be fine and others she would be horrific. To be honest she still can be pretty bad!

I personally didn't find any real resolution except that she eventually found her own rhythm. She still doesn't need as much sleep and most children her age but I know not to let her nap too long in the day.

I found co-sleeping then moving her into her cot helps her to sleep if she is being particularly clingy. Using a taggy which had been stuffed down my top for a night sometimes helped. Make sure that you are doing lots of activities to stimulate her too.

Anyway the main point is that, you're not alone Wink , its not that unusual and rather than stressing you might have to accept your baby doesn't need quite as much sleep as others! LOL

Good Luck x

hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:28 pm 
Post subject:
I found putting my little girl for naps in her pram really helped, she slept so much better x

Jump to:  

Community

Popular