pure orange juice diluted for constipation?

Chrysalis
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:52 pm 
Post subject: pure orange juice diluted for constipation?
my bubba is only 5days old and she has constipation Sad

i was told pure orange juice with boiled and cooled water is quite good!

has anyone tried it?

how many oz do i put of orange and how many oz in water

i was told 1oz orange to 3oz water

also how many times a day should i giver her it?
i give her water in between feeds now and again

mariandelijah
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:41 pm 
Post subject:
heya - i have just had a nightmare with elijah (7weeks) and he went 8 days without a poo which is really unheard of for him.

in the end we didnt give him anything, as under a couple of months we were advised nothing is a great idea for their tummies except cooled boiled water if they are dehydrated.

i know that pure orange is supposed to be good for constipation but i would strongly recommend leaving it a little while or contacting your midwife. we were told by various different professionals that up to ten days is ok - and eight is fine for a breastfed baby,

if your little one is on a bottle apparently you can give them a little extra water when you make the feed up to help them along, and using two fingers gently massage their tummy in a clockwise direction

other than that i would really leave it until you have spoken to a health professional, i would worry giving such a little one orange juice as their tummies are so immature Smile

amesymc
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:01 am 
Post subject:
i agree with mari that 5 days is too young to be giving orange juice. try a little bit cool boiled water, warm baths and massage.

x

[/url]
Tammywilson
Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:37 am 
Post subject:
I think it will be better to give cooled boiled water instead of orange juice as it may be hard for baby's stomach.

If it is getting long then better to consult a doctor.
shootingstars
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:05 pm 
Post subject:
Just cooled boiled water should do the trick

katieruggles
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:25 pm 
Post subject: Baby Constipation Orange Juice
My little one is two weeks old and suffers with constipation including screaming and straining while trying to poop but even after all this, isn't successful getting one out. However, I heard a teaspoon of orange juice in 3oz water will help her go.

Many people on here and in other forums say not to use orange juice or any other juice to help them along especially being under 6 months. Feeling confused and a little concerned as I didn't wanna cause her more harm, I went to the doc for some advice. She said there was no harm in using any type of juice at all! She also said that a little brown sugar in water may help and would not do any harm as long as you don't use it daily, not because it would harm your baby, just that you wouldn't wanna get them used to drinking it.

So basically, I have been told by the doctor that it IS safe to use juice to help your baby poop for anyone who has the same concerns as me and keeps reading all these negative posts! Hope this helps.

PURE ORANGE JUICE, NO BITS, NO ADDED SUGAR, NOT FROM CONCENTRATE.
Doralewes
Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:14 pm 
Post subject: Re: pure orange juice diluted for constipation?
Chrysalis wrote:
my bubba is only 5days old and she has constipation Sad

i was told pure orange juice with boiled and cooled water is quite good!

has anyone tried it?

how many oz do i put of orange and how many oz in water

i was told 1oz orange to 3oz water

also how many times a day should i giver her it?
i give her water in between feeds now and again

It's good and did work a bit for my constipated child, but it was not fully satisfactory in our case. An organic tea babies magic tea did really well to relieve my 12 week constipated baby.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular