baby loosing alot of formula during feeds

gillo
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:02 pm 
Post subject: baby loosing alot of formula during feeds
Hi,im just wondering if anyone has had te same problem as my Baby. From birth I've had alot of problems with my baby loosing formula at the side of her mouth. We tried lots of things.. which kindof improved the situation but it's still going on and the problem I have now is shes getting upset cos she's not getting enough where before she always seemed happy.she will drink the first half of her bottle no problem but looses alot of the second half as it leeks out the side of her mouth and she's never satisfied. This has happened in front of the district nurse who said she'd never seen anything like it. Has anyone had the same problem with ther baby?
KathG
Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:38 pm 
Post subject:
is the milk maybe coming out too fast for her? have you tired putting her on a slower teat size?

[/url]
MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:28 am 
Post subject:
I agree, consider changing teats. My youngest had tongue tie (she spent a week in scbu but they didn't pick up on it Confused ) and even now can only use one type of teat (NUK silicone)

xx

gillo
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:32 pm 
Post subject:
She's on avent bottles and te very 1st teat for newborns so I dont think thats the reason as its the slowest teat possible...its something she's doing her self I just can't figure out what . Hopefully she'll grow out of it soon..thanks for the replies:)
Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:33 pm 
Post subject:
my daughter used to do that when she didn't actually want the milk but was just suckling for comfort. x

If she seems full and is producing wet/pooey nappies and gaining weight, I wouldn't worry.

Jump to:  

Community

Popular