question about night time toilet

lucycherish
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:32 am 
Post subject: question about night time toilet
Ok so my daughter is 3, she has been out of nappies at night time for around 6months, over the past month or so she has started getting up and going the toilet more often in the night, last night for example, she went to bed at 8pm, I took her the toilet once at 10 and once at 12 then went to bed myself, she woke up 5 times to go the toilet between 12:30 and 7:30 this morning, she never used to do this but she won't just go back to bed either like she used to, iv got to sit with her or lie next to her bed, I'm exhausted to be honest I think I had more sleep when she was newborn haha! I'm hoping its just because her routine has changed slightly (broke up from nursery) and that once she's back in nursery she will get back to normal but in the mean time are any of you wonderful mummies and daddies having a similar experience? Oh I was considering taking her to see the gp but everyone iv spoke to about it has said just leave it she will grow out of it....I don't know how she grew into it in the first place lol thanks in advance xx
Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:25 am 
Post subject:
Hmmm ok thats one I've not come cross myself.
I'm wondering if she has a slight infection? Is she going to the toilet alot during the day?
lucycherish
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:33 am 
Post subject:
No not really this is what's confused me, she drinks quite a bit and can hold her wee if she needs to, to be honest I think I go the toilet more than she does in the day, she let's me know if she's got a sore bum or anything aswel, well we go camping for four days tomorrow so that should be fun haha! The good old potty is coming back out Smile x
Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:31 pm 
Post subject:
sorry very obvious question but how is her drinking pattern?
We need to wee more when we lie down something to do with our organs being closer together but you have to be careful and if she doesnt get out of the habit soon act upon it as she could weaken her bladder and you'd have to retrain it which i have heard is much more effort than potty training haha xx
Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:22 pm 
Post subject:
Hi there,
I have no idea if this has a deeper significance, sorry, but I didn't want to read your post then run!

My only thoughts are that, seeing as your daughter loves you, she might have figured out a way to keep seeing you throughout the night as well as during the day time?

(I don't know if that sounds mad, sorry!)

From everything I've read (alas, no experience!) it seems that the best thing to do is make daytime as fun, interactive and loving as possible and then once they're put to bed, do the same routine every night:

No fun, no chatting, no hugs, no eye contact even (a bit drastic!): just do what you need to do, e.g. take her to the toilet, then back to bed.

This would probably be an absolute nightmare the first dozen times you do it as she may well kick up a fuss, but it's the routine that matters. I think. I hope...

Sorry if this is reaaallllllly unhelpful!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Nappies, Changing and Potty Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular