Admitted with pain! HCG levels?

MummyAbba
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:01 pm 
Post subject: Admitted with pain! HCG levels?
Hi ladies.
Well I was at work yesterday and had real bad constipation. The pain was in my stomach and then moved to my back. It was herendous pain! Luckily I work in the hospital and my colleagues took me down to a&e. I was there given 15mg of morphine to get my pain under control. The doctors were thinking eptopic, I'm thinking constipation. Anyway they done loads of blood tests. Then sent me up to the gyne ward. I stayed in overnight. I went for an internal scan this morning. The scenographer said the sack is in the womb but I'm still very very early. The pain has gone and I've had no bleeding. My hcg levels yesterday were 337. And I was 5 weeks and 3 days according to my dates. I got to go back tomorrow for another blood test to make sure my hcg levels are rising. I read on the internet though that my hcg level at this stage should be over 1000? I'm worrying as I miscarried in October Sad anyone know much about hcg level? Could I be a week behind maybe? Even though my dates add up correctly? Xx
Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:30 pm 
Post subject:
I really don't know what the hcg levels should be Hun but I'm really hoping its a sticky bean for you. I know that everyday they should be doubling. Xxx

MummyAbba
Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:54 pm 
Post subject:
Well I got another blood test tomorrow. So hopefully they rise! xx
Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:10 pm 
Post subject:
All that matters hun is that they double. Good luck xx

MummyAbba
Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:17 pm 
Post subject:
OK. Thank you. Fingers crossed! x
Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:46 pm 
Post subject:
Levels on 13/01 - 337
Levels today - 344

What does this mean?
The doctor said he thinks its a ectopic or miscarrying?????
Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:12 pm 
Post subject:
Don't mean to sound negative but the Dr sounds right. Are they going to scan you to check for ectopic?

MummyAbba
Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:43 pm 
Post subject:
I had a scan yesterday. And the sac was in the womb. And they put on my paper work ectopic totally excluded. And I asked the scenographer was it ectopic and she said she wouldn't say so, she'[d say it was the start of a early pregnancy.
I miscarried in October and had my HCG levels checked, and they dropped. They are not dropping this time though? I'm not bleeding and not got pain now??!?! The doctor has just stressed me out!
Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:43 pm 
Post subject:
Awww hun. They should double every 2/3 days....are they gunna do more bloods or scan you? Xz

MummyAbba
Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:44 pm 
Post subject:
Gotta have more bloods on Friday! I'm stuck in effin limbo at the mo though! x
Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:43 am 
Post subject:
It could b a number of things hun. Numbers dont have to drop straight away it can take time. I hope Friday brings more answers xx

MummyAbba
Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:11 pm 
Post subject:
Starting to bleed lightly. I actually can't believe this is happening!
Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:34 pm 
Post subject:
Well I had another blood test today and the HCG rose by 20. So on Wednesday is was 344. Today it's 364. I think they are ruling out miscarriage as I am bleeding but my HCG still rising. I have to go for another scan on Monday. They are thinking ectopic. It's so confusing. Has anyone had an ectopic? The only thing going aganist me right now is the fact I'm bleeding. But the HCG is rising, even if it is slow, got no pain. I'm so confused. If they find the pregnancy in the tubes then obviously I'll have to go for surgery that day. But the other day when I was scanned something was in my womb. The doctor showed me the picture again today and it really does look like a small sac. My husband thinks they are jumping the gun and acting hasty too quickly. I'm just worried they will remove a good pregnancy? Maybe my levels are just wierd ones and rising slowly? I don't know! They also said if they are unsure, about giving me this injection to make the pregnancy go away or a D&C?? I don't like the word UNSURE... I want them to be SURE before acting! xx
Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:48 pm 
Post subject:
Oh hun what a horrible situation!! If you want total honesty it doesnt sound good. The hcg should be rising much more than that but I defo wouldn't agree to any surgery until you know for sure. As they have seen the sav its prob not e topic but a failing pregnancy. Pretty much exactly the same happened to me but st first my hcg doubled but then slowed down. They saw the sac but no baby so after 2 weeks and no change and no bleeding I ended up with a d and c.

The dact you are bleeding lightly now, I would guess it would start to get heavier until it is a normal period. As it is early on it shouldnt be much more than a normal period

I really hope the outcome is good hun. I am just taking from experience. Unfortunately I went through 5 so if you need a chat just pm me xx

MummyAbba
Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:42 pm 
Post subject:
My scan today confirmed miscarriage as the sac was gone. And a further blood test revealed my hcg had gone down to 37. Never mind Sad xx
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular