blokes at work asking about birth - funny?

Janey1983
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:30 pm 
Post subject: blokes at work asking about birth - funny?
Has anyone else had this situation and/or think this is weird?

I mostly work with blokes, when I returned after having my son I remember an office joke that made reference to a comedian sketch re is it better to be cut or tear.... one of the blokes then piped up and ask me which was it?

I just laughed and walked out the room

Today I had an hour long meeting with my boss and 1/2 of it he was asking about my sons birth and "was it natural?" , "all natural?", "did I need assistance?" he told me his wife had a c section, a forceps and a natural birth so it was a 2 way topic but ultimately they are asking about my vagina.... that's weird is it not?

What's your thoughts?
KathG
Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:20 am 
Post subject:
I don't think its weird your boss was sharing his experiences and asking about yours, I think its nice he is taking an interest. They are questions about your birth experience rather than about your vagina. The rest of the blokes asking if you cut or tore sound a little immature. I don't think it sounds like they were trying to be offensive especially your boss. But if it made you feel uncomfortable then you could tell them to stop but personally I would just give it a few days and I sure the topic of conversation will move onto something else.

[/url]
kayleyfluffybabyBUM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:21 pm 
Post subject:
If your boss was a woman would you feel the same? As KathG said

KathG wrote:
I don't think its weird your boss was sharing his experiences and asking about yours, I think its nice he is taking an interest. They are questions about your birth experience rather than about your vagina.

You were both sharing birth experiences. Ok so he didn't give birth himself but it's not really that different, is it?
Zacky was born June 26th 2011
Pip was born October 17th 2012
Spencer was born 5th August 2013 (6 weeks early)
MrsZargon
Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:59 pm 
Post subject:
I guess its a personal thing how much you are willing to share with anyone (male or female). Personally I am very open about bodies so if someone asked me a question about my birth experience I would just tell them the answer in as much detail as I would think they want and it wouldn't bother me at all. I think it's just representative of the times we are living in actually - I have coffee after a spinning class on a Friday with a group of ppl ranging from 20 something single mum of 3 to 78 yr old Man who's very old fashioned, and he told me the other day he's learnt more about birth from Friday coffee than he ever did when his wife had their children 50+ yrs ago!! Surprised
MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:51 pm 
Post subject:
It depends how you view it. Was it about the birth or your vagina and was it specific about your vagina or birth.

At my work I had several males gushing throughout pregnancy asking to touch bump and sharing their experiences of birth both before I had my girls and also after. I am the same... I will talk for England and not fazed (to be fair i do teach sex ed at a secondary school to all the pupils). Some blokes love the chat and then on the other hand some women hate it.

I am the volunteer 'maternity support' at work so I get to talk in paid time about it haha!

xx

Parker09
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:10 am 
Post subject:
Nice post!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular