Hey Is this normal?

lisamarie1807
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:35 am 
Post subject: Hey Is this normal?
hey i am 4 1/2 months pregnant, and i am noticing that i am getting small 'hairs' around my abdomen area and some on my stomache.. is this normal? this is my first child by the way.
Twinks
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:14 am 
Post subject:
Yep unfortunately it is ... I don't know why think it's some kind of hormone Smile
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:19 am 
Post subject: xx
i had hairy belly any way lol........i shave lol xx
cardea
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:44 am 
Post subject: hairy
Hi ! Yeap ! It is normal ! I am 37+3 and luckily i am very fair so the hair is hardly visible to anyone but me. But i know its there! I have not shaved it in case it makes my tummy itchy and sore ( i have very sensitive skin ) but at least i do not reseamble a yeti too much !!!!!!! Having said that, i have't got the brown line down my tummy that alot of women get, so i am happy to put up with a furry tummy and hope it goes when the sprog arrives. XX
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:25 pm 
Post subject:
Hey it's funny you say this cos I just noticed this morning when I was speaking to my bump that i had a newly aquired hairy line down my belly!!! My husband was ribbing me and said i had my own treasure trail now!!!!! I don't think i'll shave it like cardea said cos of the senisitve skin and maybe it will come back in thicker? I looked in my baby book and it said a lot of the extra hair does go away after the birth xxxxx
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:45 pm 
i have always waxed my belly but started shaving weni got pregnent so its nothing new to me. i also wunt do it if it coursed my baby any harm so it aint that bad
booter
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:58 pm 
Post subject:
If you think a few hairs on your abdomen is bad try having a bloody atlas on it...lol. I have strecth marks the size of the River Thames on mine!! To top it all I went to see my sil yesturday who gave birth 8 days ago and she showed me her completely flat strecthmark free stomach!!!!
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:32 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry Mylillamb I didn't mean to imply it would be wrong to shave it Smile My belly is just in that itchy stretchy stage so i'm having to put cream on lots to stop me scratching it and making it sore and I think if i shave it too it'll be even more itchy for me. The sore looking stretchmarks I'm not looking forward to them at all!!!! xxx
mummy2be1
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:23 pm 
Post subject:
ha ha this is so funny cos i went for a bath tonigth and mentioned it to my partner lol!! i am 38 weeks pregnant and only just starting to notice them bad!..

i think they are caused by ya hormones x

xx
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:02 am 
np wasnt offened any ways ill be at that stage in a couple ov months im dreadin it lol.......i still got a bit ov fat t grab at the min lol xx
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:06 am 
np wasnt offened any ways ill be at that stage in a couple ov months im dreadin it lol.......i still got a bit ov fat t grab at the min lol xx
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:54 am 
Post subject:
Phew! I hate the thought of offending anyone cos I know we're all extra sensitive just now! I noticed today as well I have hairs in between my boobs!!!! I'm going to be like a gorilla by full term!!!! LOL xxxx
mylillamb
Forum Leader
Forum Leader
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:58 pm 
lol i just feel very unatractive i hate it i used 2 feel sexy and used 2 love all the male attention i get non now lol not even old men look at me lolxx
lisamarie1807
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:32 am 
Post subject:
Thank you Ladies.. For a bit there I was worrying. rofl. I thought i was turning into an ape or something Sad
But yeah i know what you mean, i used to feel very sexy, considering how i used to be a dancer prior to the pregnancy, and now, I am gaining weight, and have a little bump. lol I wouldnt change it for the world. Very Happy
Archie1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:59 pm 
Post subject:
Some days I feel that I look like i've been dragged through a hedge backwards no matter what I do and other days I feel so glamourous and my skin is lovely and my hair looks amazing.
I kind of feel sexier now that I have my bump actually but I think that's cos my husband keeps saying I look amazing and beautiful (I think he read it in a dad-to-be book though!!!! Laughing ) I'm sure you're all looking gorgeous and sexy! xxxxxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular