Advice - Friend's Relationship (Tricky!!)

MrsZargon
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:38 pm 
Post subject: Advice - Friend's Relationship (Tricky!!)
Hi Everyone,

Thought this might be a good place to get some impartial advice - it's a bit of an awkward one but would love your views!

Friends of ours are getting married later this year - my DH is old friends of the groom that's how we know them. The thing is I know about various indiscretions the groom has had during their relationship and since they got engaged and doubt his motives for marrying her (basically think she pressured him into it and he's going along with it because he ran out of excuses to delay!). Now she's a lovely girl and has no idea about all of this and it makes me really uncomfortable to hear her gushing about wedding plans etc with everything I know. So the question is basically what should I do? I'm thinking there's no way I could tell as it's not my place but how do I act everything is wonderful when I see them? Also on a side note do you think its possible for a guy to turn over a new leaf when he gets married and not cheat anymore when has done it historically as that is what he has said to my DH - that he wants to make an honest go of things!! Am I right to be sceptical?

Thanks for your views x
Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:08 pm 
Post subject:
I know of someone similar and they are now married with a child. He still cheats!

Some people can change but if it looks like he is being rail roaded into marriage they will either split before marriage or he will go ahead a most likely carry on cheating. I once told a male friend his girlfriend was cheating and he fell out with me accused me of lying ( messenger got shot big time Shocked ).

I'm afraid just keep quiet in the hope she finds out at some point.
Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:11 pm 
Post subject:
On another note Let's hope he does but maybe he should confess all before marriage, so she can decide if she wants to marry a cheater !
Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:00 am 
Post subject:
I would honestly steer well clear, you could end up coming out worse off. She obviously loves this man and is planning a wedding so she may not believe you anyway and may not want to hear what you've got to say, the truth hurts and all that. He's also said he wants to make a go of things so I would leave them to it. It's their relationship, if its going to go wrong it will without anyone having to interfere. Sometimes ignorance is bliss x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular