When to stop nappy at night?

sweetpea24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:30 am 
Post subject: When to stop nappy at night?
Hi. DS has been potty trained since about 2 months before his 3rd bday (about 4 months ago now). He never has an accident in the day. I have still been putting pullups on him when he goes to bed.
In the morning his nappy is always dry (maybe once a month its wet). He used to go to the toilet AS SOON as he woke up. Now he waits about 30-45min before needing to pee upon waking.
I would like to stop nappies at night. Good idea or is he still too young? I don't want to have to go backwards in a couple months..
He does not wake up in night and ask for a pee, but if he is in his pullups before bedtime and he needs to pee, he will always go and pee - so he won't pee in his pullups.
Thanks!
xxx

xTEGx
Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:47 am 
Post subject:
Sounds like your son is ready so why not give it a go. He is definitely not too young though that's not to say all kids are ready at that age as they are all different.

My son was similar to yours in age and I waited about 4 months after he was dry during the day and it all ended up going very well at night.

We started off putting him on the toilet before he went to bed each night and now we just ask him, as he is pretty good at knowing if he needs to go or not. Once he has gone to bed, we get him up about 2-3 hours later and put him on the toilet. Majority of the time he will have a wee.

We've been doing this for nearly 9 months now, so our next thing will be to try and see if he can go dry the whole night without getting him up around 10pm each night.

All the best, I'm sure it will go well.

xTx
Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:33 am 
Post subject:
Thanks Smile Will start tonight. xxx

avfcgal
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:05 pm 
Post subject:
the only way to do it is try him with out, that all i done with my son, and now i am trying with my daughter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Nappies, Changing and Potty Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular