Regular Braxton hicks at 31 weeks.

ladygaga
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:57 pm 
Post subject: Regular Braxton hicks at 31 weeks.
Hello ladies, anyone else suffering with regular braxton hicks? Ive been having regular 'painless' tightenings now for a good few weeks and they are getting more and more frequent. Ive rang labour ward and they say as long as they are not painful or in my back too and theres no sign of a show or waters then im ok. Its just they are happening more and more everyday and are just a tad uncomfortable.

Anyone had or having similar? Just making me wonder if its a sign that baby will come sooner rather than later. I hope not yet!

Bobski1980
Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:26 am 
Post subject:
I've been having very painful braxton hix since about 18 weeks and I'm 34 now. I get them everyday and sometimes they are regular for several hours. But nothing else has happened, I keep thinking maybe I will go into early labour but I've heard of women having this before and going full term and over due. I would just keep an eye on them and ring labour ward if your worried x

Alowicious
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:52 am 
Post subject:
I had painless BHs since 26 weeks, am now 38 weeks and still have them although they are now more uncomfortable and the odd one comes with back pain.

At my 37 week appointment the OBGYN asked if I wanted her to check to see if I was dilated as I had been having so many BHs, she did so and found I was 3cm dilated and she could feel the baby's head. I'm still waiting however....

BHs that cause you to dilate some just might mean you have a bit less work to do in labour Smile here's hoping so!
Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:14 pm 
Post subject:
I found that braxton hicks were early and more painful the more pregnancies I went through 5 so far ...
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:04 pm 
Post subject:
Ooh I like the idea of possibly having a little less to do in labour Laughing Wink

I feel abit more relaxed about having them now the more they go on and knowing that others had the same! Thanks ladies x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular