Quad Test

kas123
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:06 pm 
Post subject: Quad Test
I have been booked in for the Quad blood test at 16 weeks and am trying to decide if i should do it or not. fluid on back of the neck is within nornal range at the 12 week scan. I have decided that i am not having an Amniocentesis as I could not get rid of the PG if it did come back with a problem. I am an older mother and there for fall into the at risk catagory anyway. If i have the Quad test and it comes back with a high % then i will then be worrying for the rest of the pregnancy. what did everyone else do. Midwifes seem to be very pushy and have made me re-do loads of blood tests that i have already had done 2 in the last year because they did not have the results. Did say they could get them from my Doctors but no.
PENNY76
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:55 pm 
Post subject:
Kas123 everyone will have there own thoughts but I think you both have go with what you feels right for you.
When I was carry my twin girls the neck scan was within normal range we choose not to have the blood test as like you we been through a lot to get the pregnancy and there no way we could get rid pregnancy .
It's not like your not being scanned throughout your pregnancy if anything they need to prepare for before delivery.
Hope all goes well with rest of your pregnancy
Jennie
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:06 pm 
Post subject:
I decided not to have it done, as I didnt want to have an amnio if it came back high. Also my partner was a bit more pushy that he would like to know is something was wrong, and I think he would have tried to push more tests.

My midwife was lovely and said it was my body and if I knew I wouldnt be happy having the tests then not to.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular