teehopes
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:15 pm 
Post subject: my ivf diary
Well ladies we have officially started!

first injection today Very Happy

oh was pretty good about it too he had been watching you tube videos haha it seemed so long ago since the teach!!

anyway just wanted to know what protein shakes everyone had?
I have them when on gonal f is that right? xx

hope everyone is ok xx
Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:35 pm 
Post subject:
Yay Terri Im so excited for you Very Happy I didnt do any protein shakes, I drank milk every day but that was about it :/ x What are you on for down reg? Is it buserelin? I found the injections a doddle, o/h just got them ready and I did them myself.x
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:26 am 
Post subject:
Hey Claire

I am on burserelin, I am on 0.25 every day till we go for first scan which is Monday 3rd March, I presume then if its all ok we will start gonal f then?

I have spoken to the Director (I get on really with him worked directly for him for 5 years till we merged and moved offices 40 miles away) he has said its fine that I work from home for two weeks when I need to (as I told him it would be around that time)
I presume once we start gonal f which hopefully will be Monday 3rd that if I take those two weeks working at home that it should cover everything? how long do you do gonal f for? I know its different for each person but is it about 10-12 days?

He needs to know dates to tell my boss that he has already cleared it sounds very odd I know but I just need to get it all covered!

I had just read that everyone says do protein whilst on gonal f?

I am just taking at the moment 1000mg of vit c and pregnacare and OH is taking the male version we have been taking it for a couple of months now so hopefully that should help us!

Is it normal to feel a bit bloated and sore today? feels heavy like AF is going to start

Shocked

How is that gorgeous baby girl?? she is so beautiful!!

are you going to try for another? do you have any frosties left? xxx
Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:35 am 
Post subject:
Hi, good luck with your cycle! It will go really quickly now you're started!
I didn't down reg as I did the short protocol so I don't know about side effects. I was on gonal f for about 8 days but it is different for everyone. They will scan you a few times whilst you're on it and that will tell them when you'll be ready for egg collection depending on how your follicles are growing.

I didn't have protein shakes either, just drank full fat organic milk and ate protein rich foods like meat, eggs and cheese.
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:52 pm 
Post subject:
Yes that's right if you've down regulated successfully then you start stims (gonal f) I think my side effects on buserelin were hot flushes, headaches and some moodiness but overall not to bad cant remember if I had cramps. I stimmed for around 12 days because some of my follicles were slow growing. Will you be on cyclogest for the progesterone levels? x

As for us , we're going to try naturally for a bit - going to start in around 6 ish months time when Hannah is around 10/11 months. She's absolutely fantastic and I love her more every day, we both feel so blessed its indescribable. We have 3 frosties left now and theyre all frozen in 1 batch so we have 1 shot left, trouble is we are in a bit of a dilema because it costs us 400 year to keep them frozen and if we are to use them we are looking at over 1500 with drugs and fuel expenses etc... and we just cant afford it. All the savings we have are for when we move to a house and we wont have the funds available after that. Money is tight right now and I just dont think we are in a position to save for it any time soon. :/ Its a difficult decision to make. In a way we are thinking we are lucky enough to have Hannah and if nothing happens naturally then we will just count our blessings and just enjoy her. x
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:36 pm 
Post subject:
Aww congrats on starting!
My worst Buserelin-related side effect was the moods.
As for Gonal F - about 10-12 days is about right for the average person but just remember everyone is different.
As long as you have plenty of protein in your diet, the shakes aren't essential. I didn't have them during my stims, but I was advised to take them after egg collection and also to drink whole milk in place of water (to prevent OHSS). No particular brand was recommended so I'd just find one you like if you want to have shakes.
I'm so excited for you! Best of luck sweet. xxxx
Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:18 pm 
Post subject:
I also had same drugs as you, and stimmed for 8 days I think (2nd time, 1st got cancelled as my follicules didn't grown enough). I didn't have protein shakes either just ate chicken and eggs a lot oh and oily fish!

best of luck hun xxxx
Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:23 am 
Post subject:
Ar thanks ladies Very Happy

Well last night I worked out that we have 3 bottles of 1mg bottles of burserelin we are supposed to take for 14 days, but we wouldn't have enough as its 0.25 a day so the maths don't add up? its 12 days? does that mean we wont inject on the sat and sun before I go on the Monday? I would have done 12 doses then? Confused Confused

Its making me feel sick a bit like clomid did... and dizzy!! Surprised
I just want to get the next 4 weeks over its been such a build up, I just keep in my head that by around the 19th march (fx) all procedures will be over and then its just what happens does!

I have lots of things to keep me busy so that's good but I just want this part over and done as I feel quite uneasy with not being at work, when I wont be at work, purely because I know people are going to ask me where I am and if I am ok, I am going to just say that I am having a procedure and cant drive and will need to be resting) I am going to work from home from the 3rd March for 2 weeks (hopefully will start gonal f that day) so depending on how long I have to take depends on how long it goes on for then.

I might just stick with the vits we are taking and leave it at that!

What other things can anyone recommend? xxx
Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:31 am 
Post subject:
Claire I think I have got cyclogest for the '2ww' would that be right? I have a box full of stuff, is that the tablets that you have to insert??

Claire I can see why you feel that, although if it where me I would want to try the last frosties to give it my last shot, I couldn't see them not be used!!!
Although you have probably already spent a small fortune already haven't you?
We have saved up quite a lot recently (we want to sell our house and buy another that's a bit dearer so we have a decent savings pot but if we need to use for treatment then its there so we aren't doing anything till after this first treatment as we have decided it if doesn't work we are going to go abroad and try it) this is much more important to us now!

It all depends on wether you want to go for that last chance of those frosties if you can get the money together!

Must seem weird NOT ttc haha xxx

nutty1 wrote:
Yes that's right if you've down regulated successfully then you start stims (gonal f) I think my side effects on buserelin were hot flushes, headaches and some moodiness but overall not to bad cant remember if I had cramps. I stimmed for around 12 days because some of my follicles were slow growing. Will you be on cyclogest for the progesterone levels? x

As for us , we're going to try naturally for a bit - going to start in around 6 ish months time when Hannah is around 10/11 months. She's absolutely fantastic and I love her more every day, we both feel so blessed its indescribable. We have 3 frosties left now and theyre all frozen in 1 batch so we have 1 shot left, trouble is we are in a bit of a dilema because it costs us 400 year to keep them frozen and if we are to use them we are looking at over 1500 with drugs and fuel expenses etc... and we just cant afford it. All the savings we have are for when we move to a house and we wont have the funds available after that. Money is tight right now and I just dont think we are in a position to save for it any time soon. :/ Its a difficult decision to make. In a way we are thinking we are lucky enough to have Hannah and if nothing happens naturally then we will just count our blessings and just enjoy her. x

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:05 pm 
Post subject:
I will dig out my paperwork Terri and tell you the timetable what I followed during the cycle. I know I stopped the buserelin before egg collection and I also started the cyclogest before egg collection too to start building up my progesterone levels and yeh its the stuff you insert lol little tip - stick it up your bum haha I tried front entrance and it just slipped down and was extremely messy, so much easier the other way. If treatment is successful at our clinic then you stay on it till 12 weeks.

I didnt take anything else other than multi vits and drinking lots of water so I cant really recommend anything else.

Its so difficult to know what to do with our frosties, Im torn. Theres no guarantee that any of them will even survive being thawed :/ Its a hard choice to make. We spent 10,000 to have Hannah which seems crazy when I say it to myself. x
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:52 pm 
Post subject:
Are you sure about that bottle size Terri? 1mg sounds awfully small. Are you sure you're not looking at the concentration rather than the actual volume of liquid in the bottle?
I got 3 bottles that were 5.5ml each and they really weren't huge.
I stayed on it throughout stims and my last buserelin was the same day as my trigger injection(36 hours before EC).
Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:53 am 
Post subject:
nutty1 wrote:
I will dig out my paperwork Terri and tell you the timetable what I followed during the cycle. I know I stopped the buserelin before egg collection and I also started the cyclogest before egg collection too to start building up my progesterone levels and yeh its the stuff you insert lol little tip - stick it up your bum haha I tried front entrance and it just slipped down and was extremely messy, so much easier the other way. If treatment is successful at our clinic then you stay on it till 12 weeks.

I didnt take anything else other than multi vits and drinking lots of water so I cant really recommend anything else.

Its so difficult to know what to do with our frosties, Im torn. Theres no guarantee that any of them will even survive being thawed :/ Its a hard choice to make. We spent 10,000 to have Hannah which seems crazy when I say it to myself. x

thanks for the tip Claire Embarassed It does say insert in either, bum it is!!! I think I stay on them for 12 weeks too if its successful!

I actually cant believe it cost you so much hun Shocked Shocked that's crazy!!! totally worth every penny but crazy!! We haven spent anything yet, oh sorry just the prescriptions which was 34 I think, and fuel costs to drive 50 miles there and back!

If it where me I would want to give it one last go with the frosties then that would be it for me I think Very Happy

I bet you cherish every moment with her! I am worried that my OH is getting too excited I think he thinks its going to work first time and I am very unsure we have had so many problems over the last few years with it all I am not getting my hopes up!!

Well so far I feel ok but bloated and sore started with the weird dreams last night and feel a bit ropey Crying or Very sad I think its a mixture of everything though!

well I am on burserelin for 12 days then we are at the clinic on the 3rd xxx
Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:02 am 
Post subject:
KazM wrote:
Are you sure about that bottle size Terri? 1mg sounds awfully small. Are you sure you're not looking at the concentration rather than the actual volume of liquid in the bottle?
I stayed on it throughout stims and my last buserelin was the same day as my trigger injection(36 hours before EC).

Laughing Laughing Laughing Kaz I think I am getting confused yes they are small but I am sure I am looking at the wrong thing I think 5.5 sounds right!

So I stay on buserelin aswell as gonal f? God this is getting slightly confusing!! xx
Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:12 pm 
Post subject:
teehopes wrote:

I actually cant believe it cost you so much hun Shocked Shocked that's crazy!!! totally worth every penny but crazy!! We haven spent anything yet, oh sorry just the prescriptions which was 34 I think, and fuel costs to drive 50 miles there and back!

If it where me I would want to give it one last go with the frosties then that would be it for me I think Very Happy

I bet you cherish every moment with her! I am worried that my OH is getting too excited I think he thinks its going to work first time and I am very unsure we have had so many problems over the last few years with it all I am not getting my hopes up!!

Well so far I feel ok but bloated and sore started with the weird dreams last night and feel a bit ropey Crying or Very sad I think its a mixture of everything though!

well I am on burserelin for 12 days then we are at the clinic on the 3rd xxx

Its quite shocking the costs for private fertility treatment and I feel so blessed and incredibly lucky that at the time we had the funds available to be able to do it. I feel sorry for the couples out there that the nhs wont help and they just cant afford to pay.

Yeh we do cherish every single moment, every day we both stare at her and just keep saying how great she is. She gets smothered in kisses and cuddles all day, its strange because I never imagined Id feel this strongly - yes I wanted a baby but I struggle with showing emotions etc so Im blown away by it all. Its made me so broody for another too I cannot wait to hopefully do it all over again but my stomach is still a mess at the moment so I need to work on that.

Hope youre keeping up with the 2 litres of water a day, and yes you take gonal f and buserelin - 1 keeps your body shut down from doing the natural stuff and 1 stimulates it to artificially to grow the follicles x
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:39 pm 
Post subject:
teehopes wrote:
KazM wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Kaz I think I am getting confused yes they are small but I am sure I am looking at the wrong thing I think 5.5 sounds right!

So I stay on buserelin aswell as gonal f? God this is getting slightly confusing!! xx

Yes hun. Smile Don't worry,the clinic should direct you at every stage of your treatment, but you keep on the DR while you stim. xxx
Page 1 of 14

Jump to:  

Community

Popular