my ivf diary

gillym
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:35 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry to hear your so stressed teehopes. It is annoying I hope u get it sorted soon.
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:08 pm 
Post subject:
Aww Terri sorry you've been messed about, I think sometimes they forget how important and emotional it is for us going through it as its their day to day job. It will all come together though a few extra days on buserelin wont matter. I know its hard but please try and keep positive xx
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:49 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry you're being messed about again. As much as it's a pain, try not to stress. As Claire says, a few extra days on Beuserelin doesn't make any difference to your treatment outcome. xxx
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:38 am 
Post subject:
Hi Girls,

Well yesterday was not a good day for me! I think it has all got a bit on top of me!

I just feel like my whole life is on hold at the minute, I cant do anything!

I was so upset yesterday the nurse rang me and told me to start gonal f on the 13th March!!!! Crying or Very sad Shocked I said is that right? that means I am on burserelin for 4 weeks before we start gonal she said yeah its got to coincide with our dates etc... So in other words I have been put to the bottom of the pile, because they are busy!
I just started crying and said that's it I just cant take this anymore, I never know what's going on next... I had to get myself to hospital for bloods yesterday that to be honest I don't even think I needed and be shoved out the door with no explanation as to where I am up to and what I am to do!

I just couldn't stop the tears then, I just want to get it over with whatever the outcome we have been trying for our first child for 5 years now! We have been messed about from day 1 by our local hospital and st marys we signed our forms over 18 months ago with st marys so should have started then but again they wanted to check my utuerus that has taken 18 months to sort out! I am sick of being pushed to the back of the cue!! I know its only a week to anyone else but I just want to get on with it!!
I cant take anymore of it!

I think the nurse thought I had lost the plot, anyway she tried to calm me down and said she would speak to the doctor, she rang me back about half an hour later and said we could start gonal f on the 6th!

I know to some it might only seem like an extra week to anyone else and anyone reading this but I want to move on with my life I feel like this has dragged on too long, its all just got to me too much!
I feel a bit better today, still a bit down - I also think that burserelin is having an effect on me and making me feel a bit like this!

I haven't cried as much as I did yesterday in a very long time!!

My next hurdle is gonal F is to be done 7.45am-8.30am! I am already at work at 8!

How is that going to work?

I think that I am quite OCD about things and I hate not being in control!! this is just tipping me over the edge slightly!

Sorry for the ranting girls, I just feel that its all going to be wasted I genuinely don't think its going to work and now we are in the process I suppose its hit me that this is it!! xxx
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:09 am 
Post subject:
Hugs teehopes. They really seem to be messing u around I'm sorry u got so upset. I'm glad u told the nurse how u feel yesterday and funny that they found you another date when u got so upset. I think u should talk to them again now u r calmer or get your partner to do it and explain to them how upsetting it is. They really should be giving u clear guidance. Have they organised another scan for u or do u not need it now?

The burserlin will be making u a bit out of sorts I know my hubby says I loose my sense of humor and am a bit short with him on it so that won't be helping either. It is an emotional time and doesn't help when u feel u aren't getting all the info u need. Have the hospital told u that u need to take the gonal at a certain time? With mine I just picked a time and stuck with it. Could u arrange to start work a bit later so that u could do it at home?

Please try not let this get u down too much, try stay positive.
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:21 am 
Post subject:
Aww ((hugs)) Terri, its not good how theyve been messing you around. The buserelin does have an effect on moods so will heighten what you are feeling. I remember the clinic warning my o/h to expect me to be out of sorts/moody/emotional etc..

Im not sure why theyve given you that time to do your injections Question we was never given a time for the buserelin they just said to stick to the same time every day give or take an hour so we religiously did it at 9pm every night. Id just do it at whatever time you get up and stick to that time each day. The only time we were given specific time instructions was when I had to do the trigger shot and that was all to time with egg collection.

Keep your chin up and feel free to vent as much as you need to, we've all been there and know what youre going through. x
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:29 pm 
Post subject:
Once again,I have to agree with Claire. No idea why they have given you a specific time - we were also told it doesn't matter as long as it was consistent.
Buserelin made me really emotional too. And I was also delayed with starting stimms and disappointed. xxx
Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:49 am 
Post subject:
Hey Terri , hopefully you're doing your first gonal f today. This is when you start to feel more like something is happening Very Happy x
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:23 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies

Sorry I haven't responded!!!

Well we started gonal f on Thursday (I called the clinic I just do it at the same time as burserelin which is between 4-7pm every day) so I do one on one side and one on the other!

I do still do the burserelin at the same time don't I?

I am on 225 to start with which does seem the highest dose?!
I am getting horrendous headaches with it !! I feel really heavy around there so I presumes something is happening!

I am back at hosp tomorrow for bloods only then thrusday morn scan and bloods and go from there... I thought I would maybe going to the hosp more than I am doing but its easier this way!

Just feel like I am slightly unsure whats next but this is how it goes I think?

Gonal f for average ten days? whilst being scanned every other day from day 6?
once I get told I then do the trigger shot which has to be done at a specific time?
then once thtags done go in for EC, same day OH comes with me to do his one and only bit!
then IF everything has gone to plan eggs back 2-5 days later?

xxx
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:08 pm 
Post subject:
Hey Terri yes thats right you carry on with buserelin and take the gonal f.
I just had a look back on the old ivf thread and i stimmed for 17 days in total on 150 iu, I had 3 scans during those 17 days - 7 days of stims, 11 days of stims and then 14 days of stims. It just depends on how the follicles are growing and size. After the final scan I got given a time to take the trigger shot the next day and then the day after that was a day without injections, then yes day of ec your o/h does his bit. Are you having sedation for egg collection?

I remember getting headaches on stims, and as you get further along on the stims you get very bloated and uncomfortable as you feel it working. Please make sure you are drinking at least 2 litres of water a day x
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:55 pm 
Post subject:
Buserelin should be taken at a reduced dose once you start stims, but yes you stil take it. xx
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:12 pm 
Post subject:
KazM wrote:
Buserelin should be taken at a reduced dose once you start stims, but yes you stil take it. xx

My dosage never changed through out, funny how it varies between trusts/clinics x
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:36 pm 
Post subject:
My dosage never changed either Good luck Hun and like nutty said drink your 2ltrs
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:22 am 
Post subject:
Mine never changed either and isn't going to this time as well. Las time I was on 450 gonal f which is the highest dose u can have so u think u are about half way. I had more headaches on the buserelin than the gonal, but as the others havr said felt quite heavy and bloated.
teehopes
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:48 am 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies

Well I have been for my bloods this morning!! 4 hour round trip again Rolling Eyes

Well I got some more information today, I think I spoke to the nurse that I did on the phone as she was lovely!!!!
It seemed a lot calmer today and there wasn't as many people as there was last week!

She told me that I am to stay on exactly what I am doing at the minute unless I get a phone call later today then I am back on Thursday for scan and bloods and then again Saturday and if all ok egg collection Monday!! Excited Excited Excited

Seems like we are well over half way through!

I was told not to change burserelin she said that never changes it would only be gonal f that would change!

I am drinking plenty of water Claire I promise I cant stop weeing Embarassed Laughing Laughing

I am not sure what I am having for egg collection I think its sedation, my mum is having to take us as OH doesn't drive so she will come and have to hang about xxx
Page 3 of 14

Jump to:  

Community

Popular