my ivf diary

gillym
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:24 am 
Post subject:
18 days is a lot, I think the stuff from my clinic says 16 and I was thinking that was a lot.
teehopes
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:44 pm 
Post subject:
Well I think it will be a week today that I test! I don't want to get a false result though but for some reason I am just so desperate to test! have never been like this before!

I also feel really weird like I haven't done it now?! I know that might sound really odd but doesn't seem like it went on that long although it felt like a lifetime whilst doing it!

Claire can you answer something for me if you don't mind Smile
When you did IVF the first time did you start to bleed quite quickly?
Will I only start to bleed if/when I am to stop the pessaries? (hope this makes sense)

xxx
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:09 pm 
Post subject:
Ask anything you like Terri Smile After my first cycle I didnt even make it to test date I started to bleed about 3-4 days before. In hindsight I don't think I should even had gone for transfer after that cycle because I didnt feel recovered enough. The second cycle I did which ended with a negative test I had to go and confirm with a blood test before stopping the pessaries. I didnt start bleeding until I think at least 3 days after stopping it may even have been a little longer. x What dosage of progesterone are you on?
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:44 pm 
Post subject:
400mg twice a day!
I don't feel anything today at all just very very sore boobs!

God this week is gonna drag!

Did you have symptoms with both hun? Xx
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:18 pm 
Post subject:
With the 1st cycle I just knew about 2-3 days after transfer, I cant explain it. Had no symptoms and felt incredibly down like bad pmt I guess, I couldnt face seeing anyone and even rang my mum and said it hadnt worked. Both my mum and o/h kept telling me not to give up hope but I knew. 2nd time again no signs. 3rd time with Hannah was the only time I had signs. I had af cramps with her and then as time went on all I could think about eating was toast which I found a bit bizarre and I also got a cold out of no where. x
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:16 pm 
Post subject:
You have always known haven't you though, I am sure I have remembered you just knowing when you had a bfp even before you have tested?
I think panic has set in today it really has! I am feeling scared oh is excited!

I dont even know what rhe next step would be if it was a bfn?! Could we do another cycle straight away? Is there a waiting list?
I have already planned to try deha to.improve egg quality so I am planning ahead, we have agreed to book a holiday straight away if it's a bfn and just ferr away!
Sorry waffling now just very nervous! One min I feel positi next negative! Xx
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:29 pm 
Post subject:
My clinic wanted us to wait a full cycle in between , how many goes do you get? After our failed cycle we went away just the 2 of us and had a complete blow out - drink , food the lot. Then I was ready to go again.

Yeh Ive always had gut feelings that have been spot on the one thing I was wrong on though was finally getting pregnant, I could never imagine it happening. Maybe its a self preservation thing.
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:40 pm 
Post subject:
I didn't have a clue (other than having just gone through IVF) that I was expecting. Whether or not you have an instinct for it or not varies fro woman to woman.
Just try and find things to distract yourself - I know it's not easy. xx
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:01 pm 
Post subject:
Claire
I think we get 3 attempts! I think that our next move if negative will be holiday alcohol lots of it and a break just me and oh! So gonna need it!

Kaz didn't you have any symptoms?

I am keeping busy at work I can honestly say that I keep forgetting! Xxx
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:50 pm 
Post subject:
Been stalking this thread. Just wanted to say I think of you lots Teebs and have got everything crossed for you xxx

XXMrsSXX
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:52 pm 
Post subject:
not to get your hopes up but very sore boobs were my first symptom after transfer around 3days after... I started the pessaries about a week before then so wasn't sure it was them, that was my first thought I might be, and the smell of poo in my friends babys nappy made me want to throw up!! Embarassed stay positive hun, im a strong believer in positive mind... also, I had a feeling... hard to explain but a feeling to stay calm it will work!! Smile lots and lots of luck... how many days post transfer ru now? xxxx
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:31 pm 
Post subject:
Very quick post , havent been on for months, for various reasons.

But came on quickly to see how you were teebs, keeping everything crossed for you.

Hi to everyone else.

Love susan xxx
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:35 pm 
Post subject:
susanjosh wrote:
Very quick post , havent been on for months, for various reasons.

But came on quickly to see how you were teebs, keeping everything crossed for you.

Hi to everyone else.

Love susan xxx

How are you? I was only thinking of you the other day that I hadnt seen you on here. x
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:38 pm 
Post subject:
Teebs, I didn't pay attention to symptoms because I knew my hormones were messed up from the IVF. Progesterone can give you a lot of the symptoms you might associate with pregnancy.
Glad you're getting some distraction from it from work. xx

Susan, hope you're doing ok too. xx
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:37 pm 
Post subject:
Heather how are you? Wasn't sure if you where still on here? Thanks keep everything crosset for me it's been 5 yearssr ttc in June so I think its about time! Xx

Thanks mrss xx I am 6 days past now!
I think the pesaries are giving me some symptoms, today just keep having dizzy spells on and off, feel drunk!

Susan oh my god how are you? Are you starting ivf.soon? Xx

Kaz I am honestly just keeping busy, I think my oh and mum will be more gutted than me after that long ttc I don't think I can ever see that bfp! I already have a plan for a negative result and one for positive xxx
Page 10 of 14

Jump to:  

Community

Popular