what cycle of ivf you got bfp??

lisab36
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:51 pm 
Post subject: what cycle of ivf you got bfp??
Hi ladies, i got some bad news today after a reversal my tubes are blocked so my only option is ivf, if i can afford it. So can you ladies tell me how may ivf attempts you have had? If you got you bfp, then on what attempt? And any wee tips i should know please xx
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:21 am 
Post subject:
It took us 3 attempts to get a bfp - that was 1 round of Ivf and 2 frozen embryo transfers. I would say if you arent already really start concentrating on a healthy diet for you and o/h and take a conception vitamin pill. I took pregnacare conception , the clinic also recommended my o/h take wellman conception. x
Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:31 am 
Post subject:
Hi Nutty, thanks for the reply. It is good to here you got ur bfp and will defo stay on vitamins now. I was going to stop cause i didn't see the point. But of course it makes total sense. Thanks xx
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:52 pm 
Post subject:
I got mine on the first go (I was one of the lucky ones), got a 2 friends who were the first go too, my boss took three attempts (but on one of the first 2 she got pg and mc'd), one of her friends took 4 attempts and another had 6 abandoned cycles before finally completing the 7th one and getting pg. Her little boy was a little early but is now thriving.
If you are in he UK, check out the HFEA website and they can give you specific clinics latest published statistics - there may be similar services elsewhere but I'm from UK so only know what's available here.
Plenty of helpful advise from ladies on here waiting for you for if/when you do decide to go ahead. x
Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:08 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Kaz, that is really helpful. My heart feels so heavy right now so concentrating on ivf is really helping. Just worried about the disappointed if that doesn't work. But life has no guarantees, right! I live in Scotland and was looking at that site last night, i found it through google. Can you ladies tell me do you wait till u got the money for the procedure or book for a consultation a few months before you intend to have the treatment. I saw the clinic i am drawn towards has a waiting time of 4-6 weeks xx
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:57 pm 
Post subject:
Personally we saved all the money first, there was no waiting time for our clinic so when we went for our consultation we started treatment straight away. You will need to get screening tests done which you are better off getting done at your own doctors because the clinics charge silly prices for them. If you check your chosen clinics price list it should say there what screening tests need doing. x
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:31 pm 
Post subject:
I take it you have ruled out NHS funding Lisa? x
Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:44 pm 
Post subject:
Yes nhs is a no go as we have a son together and i have 3 older sons. My surgery is so busy i have been trying to get an appointment for the usual fertility tests and cant even book in. They have all these rules so i cant even pop in and book the tests. My surgeon Mr Pickles want to talk to me about going forward. But i am not convinced more surgery is the right option xx
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:29 am 
Post subject:
I just had a quick peak on the other thread Lisa and I see you've been told both tubes are blocked? When we were going through all the infertility tests I had a lap and dye and both my tubes were blocked. My lovely consultant then said he would like to try tubal surgery through laparoscopy to see if he could open them and it was successful. I did fall pregnant 4 months later 2 cycles in a row (they both ended in miscarriage) and then the 3rd pregnancy 6 months after that turned out to be ectopic and it ruptured. With any kind of tube surgery its worth baring in mind the risk of an ectopic. After mine we carried on ttc but nothing happened so we went back to my consultant who decided to do another laparoscopy and check the remaining tube and it was blocked once again which he managed to repair. We never fell pregnant after that though and that's why we went for Ivf. We are going to try naturally again in a couple of months however we have no idea if my remaining tube is still open, it may well be closed again and then of course I still have the risk of another ectopic. Its a horrible scary position to be in, we do have some frozen embryos left but we really arent in a good financial position at the moment and we really cannot afford to do another cycle any time soon if ever :/ x
Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:57 am 
Post subject:
Hi Nutty, you have been through so much. I feel as though i must make the correct decision but what to do. My consultant is phone tomorrow with his suggestion of what he can do. But that is more surgery and of course no guarantees. The ivf is not all plain sailing either. It really is a tough call xx
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:16 pm 
Post subject:
I take it any tubal surgery would be done privately and therefore cost too? It really is a tough call, I suppose you have to weigh it all up. If you're surgeon is optimistic at the results he can achieve through surgery I think I'd be tempted to go with that option as even with the risks you get to try every month where as Ivf might mean 1 round and then thats it.
Its so cruel isnt it being in such a position. It feels more upsetting to me now thinking that I may not have another baby than it did before we got Hannah, its really bizarre as I thought I'd feel complete after waiting so long for her but its made the desire for another even stronger. x
Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:30 pm 
Post subject:
Nutty ,i completely understand that. My sister in law would love children but refuses ivf so has given up. She thinks i should be grateful for the children i have, which i am of course. But we have such a great family and one more would be great. I was never as broody as i am now. I would be paying for the surgery if i go that way. My worry is i have been told that if they scare over once i am waisting my time, my gp was discouraging of me going for the reversal in the first place. But i do have faith in my consultant. I am thinking about the opportunity to try more that a few time but i cant decide. I am rubbish at making decisions for anything never mind something that means so much xx
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:59 pm 
Post subject:
Well as I say I've had surgery twice on remaining tube, if we don't conceive naturally I will go to my gp and try to be referred for another lap and dye to check it. Ultimately it comes down to what your surgeon says, ask lots of questions and what odds/percentages he would give you of success. x
Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:17 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Nutty xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular