Biting when breastfeeding!

JenMatthews
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:21 pm 
Post subject: Biting when breastfeeding!
Ava is a little mischievous recently, she has no teeth yet (thankfully) but sometimes when she's feeding she will bite... REALLY hard, it's awful, I love breastfeeding but she is bruising me and I on't know what to do... Somebody suggested using lanolin on the cuts she seems to have caused but Ava really dislikes the texture of it so I can't use it.
I was just wondering if anyone had been through this and how you managed to stop the biting?

Thanks xxx

Kell83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:15 am 
Post subject:
Lily is my third breast fed baby and all three of then did this, Unfortunatly I don't really think there is a way to stop it really, I found lily has done this the most when teething so maybe just check if thats the case with your LO and then maybe treat her for that. Lily has done it a few times with teeth, that's a killer :S but not for a few weeks now.
If she does it I shout a little so it startles her and then stop feeding, I know it's early but they need to learn its not good.
Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:43 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you Smile
I keep thinking Ava is teething but it seems to be on and off, and not 100% sure the best way to treat it anyway, do you have any suggestions to ease the teething?
xxx

Kell83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:54 am 
Post subject:
I just tend to keep a few teething rings in the fridge, have the bongella to hand and also calpol or nurofen if its needed. It does take a while sometimes for the teeth to pop through so it can feel like they are teething for ages!!
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:17 pm 
Post subject:
sorry cant really help but didnt want to read and runn,

my daughter is 2 and still biting me whilst breastfeeding, i tell her not to bite and she sas sorry but she carry's on doing it

bertgabby
Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:57 am 
Post subject:
avfcgal wrote:
sorry cant really help but didnt want to read and runn,

my daughter is 2 and still biting me whilst breastfeeding, i tell her not to bite and she sas sorry but she carry's on doing it

You're one strong mama. I'm not sure I could deal with the biting for that long.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular