Hand, Foot and Mouth?Also question about febrile convulsions

JenMatthews
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:56 pm 
Post subject: Hand, Foot and Mouth?Also question about febrile convulsions
So on Monday night Ava had a really bad temperature, got up to 40C at one point and she had a febrile convulsion (if anyone has advice about dealing with this, that would be brill)..but it went down with ibuprofen (not with calpol).

I took her to doctor yesterday after finding a small blister on her foot, worried it could all be connected. She diagnosed it as Hand Foot and Mouth, but I've been reading about it and it all says blisters will appear on the mouth first.... so is it really Hand Foot and Mouth? Or is the doc just too hasty to diagnose and it's just a coincidence that she has a small blister??

Thanks! Smile

Jonie1976
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:58 am 
Post subject:
Sounds like it could be to me. Our lo had high temp, then found a couple of blisters on her hand. Eventually hands covered and mouth full of white spots (looked like thrush).

Hope your lo ok xx
Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:43 am 
Post subject:
My DS had it recently I had no idea it was only when my hubby came out in spots on his hands and feet that the gp diagnosed It. I wasn't convinced as my son had no spots and my hubby only had a sore throat no spots in his mouth but they said the spots can be right at the back of the throat so you can't see them. Then my son cane out in one tiny spot on his chin, my poor hubby was covered in them and they eventually appeared all over his face.

As for febrile convulsions you need to strip them down to their vest but don't remove too much clothing as believe it or not you can make them too cold. Sponging with cold water is not advised anymore. If you can get medicine into them then do but may have to wait until they have stopped shaking. You need to call an ambulance. x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Children's Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular