epilepsy in infants

emily93
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:11 am 
Post subject: epilepsy in infants
Hi I'm just looking for some advice from other mums in a similar situation. My little boy is being tested for epilepsy next Monday as every day he 'zones out' 3-4 times, this can last a few seconds or a minute or so, we can click our fingers in front of his face, call his name, kiss him, anything and he's oblivious as if he's left his body and then when it's stopped it's as if nothing happened he'll just continue with what he was doing. He'll be 2 In July. Does anybody else experience this with their child and if so what was their diagnosis if any? He's also currently being tested for something called strabismus which is where his eyes aren't aligned and he'll probably need surgery to correct this. He's been prescribed glasses but it's very difficult to get him to keep these on for more than 20 minutes at a time. I thought this was what was causing him to 'zone out' but the health visitor disagrees. I feel terrible that he's going through all of this at his age Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Children's Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular