GP referral

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:37 pm 
Post subject: GP referral
Just been getting some info from clinics about getting my OH's vasectomy reversed and one clinic have come back and said he would need a GP referral.

Then its 180 consultation fee. Does this mean if we go and see a couple of clinics before deciding we would have to pay this to every clinic? argh the costs are adding up Sad

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:45 pm 
Post subject:
Slightly different for me as it was ivf but the clinic we used asked for a gp referral too. Not sure why :/ Unfortunately yes you will have to pay for each consultation, so if you want my advice then Id research each clinic as much as you can online and find out what you can. Normally you find forum pages much like this where people talk about their clinic. We only went to the one clinic, we researched it all priced it up by sending emails etc and made our decision before hand.

Also may be worth posting in the vasectomy reversal thread as people may be able to recommend clinics and surgeons x
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:02 pm 
Post subject:
Hi nutty, thanks for the reply. I did have a quick look through the Vasectomy reversal thread, but like most of the site it has been very quiet lately.

One name that seems to pop up a lot was Duncan Harris. I have found his clinic and it is an option for us, but there are at least 5 other clinics most with 2 or 3 surgeons closer.

My OH is a typical male and cant do anything for himself, so I have done all the research so far, and hope that I can be in on the consultations as I know what questions to ask.

We are not doing anything official until after our holiday in April as it will probably be our last one, with my daughter starting school in September and then having to pay off the surgery. Hopefully though I will be over in TTC later this year/early next year. EEKKK.

Feels a bit strange as its going to be a much bigger age gap then I wanted, but I know I am totally ready now as my desire to have a baby outweighs my fears.

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed May 21, 2014 9:57 am 
Post subject:
How's it going Steph? Have you found a clinic yet? I'd second what Nutty said and go with the surgeon with the best feedback and pregnancy stats on here or other forums. I wish I'd done more research before my reversal as you only get one chance so you want the best surgeon possible, who has the best results, even if that means travelling further or paying slightly more. Paying for consultations is a pain but once you've met a surgeon then you can get a better feel for if they really care or are in it for the cash, Good Luck x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular