someone please reply!!! period late,neg test

ashleigh850
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:19 pm 
Post subject: someone please reply!!! period late,neg test
Hi everyone. Thanks for taking the time to read and if you can please reply. My periods are never late but atm its 1week 1day late. I have took a preg test and it came back neg. IM got some of the preg symptoms sore back etc like i did with my 1st child. I didn't find out until i was 5weeks and that's is only because a friend, a mum of 2, made me lol or i probably wouldn't have knew for a lot longer. By this time i had gained almost half a stone in weight and i have gained quite a bit of weight over the past few weeks. But i don't understand why a test is telling in not when i really think i am. Ive researched this and apparently tests can be wrong and some don't tell until over 5weeks despite what they say on the packaging.i just need some advice or even find out whether this has happened to someone else and how many weeks they were until they got a postive test. Thanks again, i hope someone replies. Xxx
ELP1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:35 pm 
Post subject:
Hi hun. in most cases you will get a positive test on the day your period is due. there is some people who take longer but a majority can tell on that day or even before. Could it be that you ovulated later than normal which will make your period late.

All you can do is wait a few more days or ask the doc for a blood test. good luck

ashleigh850
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:19 pm 
Post subject:
I have no idea lol. I don't really know how to track the days that ive ovulated as ive been on the pill since i was 15 and im now 23 altough i haven't took it since nov 2013. Thanks for the reply. Its awful not knowing what's going on. From what ive read doctors aren't very nice in these cases so ill wait another week to take a test and if nothing happens by then ill go to the docs. Is it common for ovulation to happen late and how much would this affect my period? Xxx
ELP1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:32 pm 
Post subject:
You might not of ovulated late but just when is normal for you. Your period arrives 14 days after you ovulate. So if you dont know when you ovulated then your period might not be late at all. Just a waiting game now. Good luck xx

ashleigh850
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:54 pm 
Post subject:
I worked out online when i would of ovulated and it said between the 15th-20th of February and my last period was on the 4th February? Does this sound right? If so then it still works out that in s week late. I think?? Xxx
Rach2014
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:50 am 
Post subject:
If you period was 4th feb and your cycle is 28 days then ovulation would of been around the 17th and your af due 3rd march which would make you 10 days late . Although if you are still getting negatives it is unlikely you are pregnant, there is a small chance you are though I would test again and if it is still negative then call your gp and they can advise you better xx
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:17 pm 
Post subject:
You can only use an online calculator if you know how long your cycles are. If you have been on the pill then that is not your cycle but a pill cycle. Even if you know how long your cycles are it can still vary each month. The only way to know for sure is to use ovulation sticks

I think you need a couple of months to gmfigure your cycles out before you know how long they are and if you are trying for a baby then ovulation sticks are great xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular