Advice please!!!

Stars2409
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:45 am 
Post subject: Advice please!!!
Hi all

I had an early scan last Monday after bleeding at 6wks +4. Nothing showed on the scan and following a blood test my hcg were low (226) and the hospital said I had miscarried.
Yesterday I stopped bleeding so I thought I'd do a digital pregnancy test this morning so in my own mind I could see the 'not pregnant' result and start to move on. However it's come up positive 2-3 weeks??? The previous digital test have all been positive 1-2 weeks.
I'm so confused! Logically this means my hormone has increased- and I could still be pg ??? Is it possible even after bleeding for nearly 10 days??
I know I shouldn't have tested this morning - I thought I was giving myself closure but this is anything but!!
Any advice greatfully received.
Helen x
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:03 am 
Post subject:
I would say its one of three situations - 1st one being that you wasnt as far along as you thought you was, thats why they couldnt see anything on scan. Second possibility is that the pregnancy could be ectopic that would explain nothing being on the scan and low hcg levels - whats the bleeding been like and have you had any pain? Third scenario is you have some retained tissue from miscarriage that is making your levels rise.
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:53 am 
Post subject:
Haven't had any pain apart from when the bleeding started and it was like period cramps. Bleeding has been quite light - not enough to fill a pad - started as brownish colour and then became redder. A few clots but only small. If it was pet optic I should feel pain shouldn't I?
I've rung my dr - just waiting for her to ring back.
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:21 pm 
Post subject:
Yes normally you have pain, you definately need more bloods and another scan. Is there anyway you could have got dates wrong? x
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:25 pm 
Post subject:
It's possible I suppose. Still waiting for the dr to ring!

Jump to:  

Community

Popular